Nishitetsu 9000 (new)

Although it's another 'boring' stainless steel train, it looks really damn good in my opinion.

Not insignificantly that it will be built by a Kansai area maker (Kawasaki Heavy).

I like it - windshield wraps around the corners, gangway doors, maroon/red and black front and 2 continuous stripe on the side makes for a nice looking train IMHO.  I like it more than the 227 with the red accents, I like its front but that's all.  

I think the very well balanced medium grey and colour on stainless steel makes it a good looking design. It's not over done like on the stainless steel trains from Keikyū (1000 type, 6th gen. and up), where the colours are mainly there to hide the naked steel:

67647176_624.jpg

Yeah, that beautiful Keikyu face does not go with the rest of the train. It looks like 2 different trains just photoshopped together.

Yeah, that beautiful Keikyu face does not go with the rest of the train. It looks like 2 different trains just photoshopped together.

I'm thus happy Keikyū is going for a little different approach with their upcoming N1000-1800 types: http://www.keikyu.co.jp/company/news/2015/20151222HP_15146NN.html A fully stickered body (except the door frames) and a redesign of the front, with a middle-door. The two sets of 4-cars should arrive in March this year.

• Like 1

And I believe these new trainsets will use the 1,435 mm Standard gauge, the gauge used by Nishitetsu.

I also believe the wheels will be round and made of steel.  :laughing3: