End of car reflectors

I've come to realize over several dozen Tomix Kokis that I've been putting the reflectors on all of them. Is this normal practice or are they taken off after each run? You can hardly tell on the Koki-200s but they do stick out on the 107s. I figure if nothing else it represents and abundance of caution...?

I've come to realize over several dozen Tomix Kokis that I've been putting the reflectors on all of them. Is this normal practice or are they taken off after each run? You can hardly tell on the Koki-200s but they do stick out on the 107s. I figure if nothing else it represents and abundance of caution...?

You only need two by train. They are usually pulled off at the end of the trip but sometimes end up being "forgotten". Also, if a train is due to shed cars/split along the way additional reflectors may be inserted in the middle of the train to speed up uncoupling.

Cheers NB

You only find them on the back most car.  I have put some one my kokis.  Only 1 or 6 koki 50000s have them, and 2 in 20ish koki 107s have them.  So those said kokis will live at the back of consists.

You only need two by train. They are usually pulled off at the end of the trip but sometimes end up being "forgotten". Also, if a train is due to shed cars/split along the way additional reflectors may be inserted in the middle of the train to speed up uncoupling.

Cheers NB

That is bad practice as end of train markers most important purpose is to signify that the train is complete and intact and should really only be on the last car.

Edited by westfalen