Happy 4th of July

Guest ___

disturbman

Thanks but, pardon me asking, could you do that every day. Then, maybe, life will be sunnier.

:laugh:

Happy 4th to you too. Remember Aaron, don't touch the "red" part of your sparkler after it's gone out. :grin

Canadians usually wait to see how things turn out for the Americans, when you think about it, it's not a bad idea. :grin

Hmm what about happy July 1st from Canada! :icon_rendeer: :icon_rendeer:

July 1st in Canada?  ???

EDIT: I Actually had to wiki, July 1st for Canada Day. I can barely remember American holiday's yet alone the Japanese and the Canada ones. Until last month I thought Boxing Day was a day of the year where Parliament takes the day off to beat the crap out of each other in fist fighting match

Yes Canada Day was July 1st, as with HK reunification and the birth of United Airlines.

For the most part Canada are more conservative in important decision making such as no Zero down mortgage payment or premptive strike.

Having that said, we are glad we live close to a neighbour who enable us to think before we act.

Happy Independence Day.  :laugh:

Darren Jeffries

July 1st in Canada?  ???

EDIT: I Actually had to wiki, July 1st for Canada Day. I can barely remember American holiday's yet alone the Japanese and the Canada ones. Until last month I thought Boxing Day was a day of the year where Parliament takes the day off to beat the crap out of each other in fist fighting match

Not in the UK, it's usually when Manchester Utd beat the crap out of another team on the Soccer pitch!!!! (Oh and when i spend the full day recovering from Christmas day)

July 1st in Canada?  ???

Not in the UK, it's usually when Manchester Utd beat the crap out of another team on the Soccer pitch!!!! (Oh and when i spend the full day recovering from Christmas day)

Pft, Manchester United, gawg. (I became a Ranger's Fan while in Glasgow)

Having that said, we are glad we live close to a neighbour who enable us to think before we act.

:laugh:

The American Association of Heathcare providers and HMO's would like to thank their Canadian costumers for their continuing support on this Canada Day :P

A little off topic but when I lived in Manchester for a year, I was on a bus and it was the day Manchester United was playing Man. City. I was with my English friends when a couple of Football fans wearing their colorful scarfs and holding cans of Fosters asked me if I was a City or United supporter? All I could think of saying was, "I been a NY Yankee fan all my life and I'm not changing now!"

The Football fans looked confused and just went to another part of the bus. My friends gave a sigh of relief because I didn't realize at the time how violent football fans can be. I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "Well in that case, I'm just glad they weren't Red Sox fans."

CaptOblivious

There was a total dearth of fireworks here in Brisbane last night for the 4th…you'd think the people around here would be more patriotic!

</tasteless joke about america-centrism>

:P

A little off topic but when I lived in Manchester for a year, I was on a bus and it was the day Manchester United was playing Man. City. I was with my English friends when a couple of Football fans wearing their colorful scarfs and holding cans of Fosters asked me if I was a City or United supporter? All I could think of saying was, "I been a NY Yankee fan all my life and I'm not changing now!"

The Football fans looked confused and just went to another part of the bus. My friends gave a sigh of relief because I didn't realize at the time how violent football fans can be. I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "Well in that case, I'm just glad they weren't Red Sox fans."

I learned that as well in Glagsow between the Rangers and Celtics. I didn't know football loyalties ran along Protestant vs Catholic lines. Being Jewish, I was perplexed by this. Especially since my GF, who was a Scot was constantly giving me grief about racism in America, but then got all p'ed off when the Catholics  across the street starting doing Catholic things. (Whatever that meant)

alpineaustralia

I must admit, when I first came to Australia I always found the Catholic/Protestant divide perplexing because where I was from religion was divided along the lines of Islam/Christianity/Judaism/Bahai/Zorastrianism.

CaptOblivious

I must admit, when I first came to Australia I always found the Catholic/Protestant divide perplexing because where I was from religion was divided along the lines of Islam/Christianity/Judaism/Bahai/Zorastrianism.

We ex-Brits like to draw fine distinctions, don't we?

But of course, in America (especially where I'm from in the South) the divide is not between Catholicism and Protestantism, but is a finer distinction yet: The Catholics are marginalized along with the Jewish and the Islamic, leaving the Baptists and the Methodists slug it out.

CaptOblivious

that is indeed a fine distinction

And yet, each side thinks the other is going to hell for their false beliefs. Go figure.