Japan's weirdest consist

katoftw

This was a test train for 7 cars to test before the commissioning of the Seven Stars cruise train.

Kiha 185s and Kiha 47s.  I spot a Aqua Liner, a Isaburo-Shinpei, A Yufu Express, a Trans-Kyushu Express and some local cars.

• Like 2

Interesting... Why would they need 6 different cars and 2 locomotives? I thought they can test with 7 normal carriages.....

No rail police on this one ~  :P

Maybe the cars selected were ones which most closely matched the profile of the actual Seven Star train? Two locomotives to make reversing easier without having to run the locomotive around the train maybe.

The added weight of the dmu-s could probably match the weight of the train and the power of the two locomotives are around the same as the power of the official locomotive. The loading gauge is also very similar as the seven stars cars are based on multiple unit shells. The cars look pretty much everything from the local scrapheap that were still movable and brakeable.

We know about the big diesel with the car cooling grills bolted onto the front, but what could they use on the other end? Are there any pictures of this? (i was thinging they would just run around in case any reversing was needed)

The use the DE10s in the Video.

Cannot run around on the zig-zag on the Hohi Line.  Although I think they are just helper engines when grades get a little on the steep side like the Hohi and Kyudai Lines.

138054242046002811228_YAM_8223.jpg

2013_10_15_andou_nagaya002.jpg

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

Nice picture and video Katoftw..  :) just noted that DE10 painted in dark brown..  a bit strange to see DE10 in that color, but it seems elegant running the seven stars consist.. fantastic..

SuRoNeFu 25-501

Nice picture and video Katoftw..  :) just noted that DE10 painted in dark brown..  a bit strange to see DE10 in that color, but it seems elegant running the seven stars consist.. fantastic..

The color is closer to black rather than the dark brown...

Another 珍編成  :grin