My first Micro Ace Train - Added Video

FastFranz

Ciao,

After a long wait (parcel, this summer, arrived late in Rome and ask others to bring stuff here - Abidjan - is NOT the simplest request) I got it!!! It's (should be) a "Training Train" (from Omiya Training Center - Item Code A7662) but - at Mangarahara - will run as a common EMU.

Pic 1: Leaving Mangarahara main station

Pic 2: Disappointing: all my Shinkansen can, easily, negoziate also the "inner ring" of my Kato V11 track and this is the going with this small critter.

Pic 4: Stopping at Mangarahara main station (opposite side is my CRH380-3).

The run is good (even at slow speed), the package is excellent (looks like someting "bullet proof") but all in all it looks like is there is something missing ... dunno why.

Francesco

PS: I hope to add, hopefully in short time, a small videoclip.

post-2923-0-14066400-1452099576_thumb.jpg

post-2923-0-39361000-1452099587_thumb.jpg

post-2923-0-86168700-1452099597_thumb.jpg

Edited by FastFranz
  • Like 1

The run is good (even at slow speed), the package is excellent (looks like someting "bullet proof") but all in all it looks like is there is something missing ... dunno why.

Thanks for sharing the photos with us.  I like the silver electricity pylon in the first photo.  Is it by Kato/Heljan and did you have to paint it?

I'm surprised that the train has issues with the inner ring of the V11 track.  Especially since Micro Ace uses rapido couplers on this model.  

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

How big is the radius of the curve the the 209 Omiya training centre training car made it across? It looked pretty steep... Anything smaller than a R280 will be REALLY difficult to negotiate for a shinkansen, although the recommended radius for the shinkansen to make it through comfortably is a R317...

I'm surprised that the train has issues with the inner ring of the V11 track.  Especially since Micro Ace uses rapido couplers on this model.  

Yap interesting... Though most (if not all) MA trains come with their standard Rapido couplers that could fit an elephant in between the cars...

Ciao,

@1954G: YES! It's a Kato/Heljan. I haven't painted it: it's akit of three pylons (just added few detail such as "warning panels"). OInly pitfall are the insulator (hope is correct) they so tiny tha will fell apart ate the minimum touch.

@JR 500系: No idea of the radius (standard Kato V11 set-up) but what puzzles me is "Doctor Yellow", "Nozomi 500" and "E2-Hayate" can handle the canted area with no problems at all, even at ful speed.

@katoftw: See above. I repeat what puzzles me is a curve that can handle a full speed Shinkansen seem to have problems with a two pieces EMU. At any rate - again ... - the train goes by so the issue is only aestetic (to say so).

Francesco

PS: next week should arrive (buyed in France - used) my, long wanted, Narita Express (Kato, 6 units). A friend of mine will bring it to Africa on his way back. Can't wait to get it! ... ;)

Edited by FastFranz
Martijn Meerts

You could try replacing the couplers with body mounted ones. It does look like it has the standard truck mounted rapido couplers, but the cars are rather tightly coupled. The reason the shinkansen go through without issues is that they have a mechanism in the couplers that basically pulls the cars further apart in curves. (most body mounted replacement couplers have this mechanism as well)

• Like 1

Ciao Martijn,

Good suggestion, but I'm afraid it will be delayed untill my return to Italy. Meantime (any way - also at top speed which I think is rather unprototypical - no derailment!): I'll run it - till then - on the "outside ring" ... LOL!

Francesco