Kato 23-210 dimensions?

Welshbloke

I'm in the early stages of planning a small layout, and was wondering if someone could tell me how long the Kato 23-210 station entrance is? I'd like to use one but need to know if I stand any chance of making it fit into the available space without ending up with a ridiculously short platform. As it is, the station will be just big enough for a two or three car EMU/DMU.

The layout will have a pair of Kato engine sheds giving a long two-road shed, and a small terminus station with an island platform. I'll probably look for some interesting buildings to fill in the inevitable space in the front corner, there's a Tomytec office building which particularly appeals. Board size is limited to 4' x 1' for the simple reason that I already have a well-made baseboard of those dimensions!

The enterance can also be added 90 degrees to the platforms (without using joiners) or parallel behind the platforms, by using a small platform end as a 90 degree corner piece.

It should fit as-is, looking at the space. I needed to find about 64mm extra, swapping the #6 points I used when mocking it up for #4s throughout should solve that. There might not be much space between the building and the edge of the board but I'm not too worried.

Other good news is that I can get away with having a standard island platform section immediately after the compensating curve for the #4s, might need to shave the corner very slightly but the 20m stock I tried doesn't scrape. I'll plate over the S-Joiner sockets on that end of the platform, add some spare railings and make some steps to track level.

Hi,

I am quite interested in this little station entrance. Would it be possible to separate the stairs from the building? My plan is to use the stairs to access an island platform through it's end. Passengers are supposed to go through the station building cross one track and then up the stairs to the platform. That's a very quite common arrangement for suburban lines with not so much traffic.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

I don't happen to own this particular station, but from the other kato stations that I do have and the photos that I have seen online I believe that the stairs are molded into to the base of the station.   You could probably remove the stairs fairly easily with a hobby knife though, and the buildings usually come apart which would give plenty of access for cutting.  

post-3846-0-98056300-1473565952_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-90598800-1473565958_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am quite interested in this little station entrance. Would it be possible to separate the stairs from the building? My plan is to use the stairs to access an island platform through it's end. Passengers are supposed to go through the station building cross one track and then up the stairs to the platform. That's a very quite common arrangement for suburban lines with not so much traffic.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Yes, it is an easy cut.  I cut mine off to create a station entrance like Shin-Okubo station. After a summer of inactivity I'm not sure where it is right now. The building easily disassembles.

post-75-0-54711200-1473566200_thumb.jpg

The view from the Yamanote line platform.

post-75-0-28448400-1473566677_thumb.jpg

Edited by bill937ca