Photo of Japanese Street Markings

Here is area I'm working on and from the 2 photo you can see where the streets are situated. Problem, does anybody have any photos of the 2 lane street with markings?

post-22-13569922888209_thumb.jpg

post-22-13569922888459_thumb.jpg

disturbman

Here comes one.

[smg id=539]

I think I've more do you want me to post them here for you?

edit: the compression in the gallery is not great. I put down once more in attachment.

post-156-13569922889606_thumb.jpg

Tenorikuma

Just use the aerial/satellite view on Google Maps and zoom in on any city. You can zoom in extremely closely.

It's been over 10 years since I was in Japan, and I was looking at the Kato street markings they sell and I didn't remember them being so colorful, but that was 10 years ago. Thanks for the input, keep it coming. I'll also try the google map.

Tenorikuma

Note that markings will vary from city to city as well. Here are some random examples I quickly took screenshots of — first from Nagoya, and secondly from Tokyo. In Nagoya, those diamond markings are everywhere, and I don't even know what they mean. Nagoyan intersections also tend to have positioning marks that assist vehicles making right-hand turns.  Tokyo streets seems to have a lot of marks showing where busses stop.

Some two-lane streets will have a yellow dividing line, but narrower streets will have no line at all. Streets in Tokyo are particularly narrow.

streets-nagoya.jpg

streets-tokyo.jpg

Tenorikuma - Thank you so much, this helps a big help. Now If I can get you to do the marks on my streets. :grin:cheesy

Google satellite view is great for this. i have spent a lot of time flying over cities looking at street markings like this. great way to find some interesting intersections to model on the road! im printing my roads so its easy to then mock up the road you want to do from the photos like this!

cheers

jeff

post-25-13569922951156_thumb.jpg

post-25-13569922953644_thumb.jpg