Looking for tetsudō otaku

Hello JNS Forum members,

We're producing a Discovery Channel documentary about JR Central's Shinkansen line between Tokyo and Osaka.  We're filming in Tokyo from January 12 to January 21 and would like to interview rail fans that have a special interest in the Shinkansen.  We're looking for enthusiastic people with a good command of English to explain why the train is so special. 

Please reply to this post and we'll arrange for further discussion.

Moderators: if this is the wrong forum for this post, please suggest a better one.

thank you

• Like 1
Krackel Hopper

This would be great to watch.  I'm always a fan of rail travel getting positive publicity in the United States.

I'm not sure where he's based out of, but one of our members, 200系 has a fantastic knowledge of Shinkansen.

to explain why the train is so special.

Four words- "show up and ride". The trains run so frequently and the ticketing and boarding so quick that it's actually easier to use and more frequent than some city metro systems. Though some other systems may have higher top speeds, I would say the Tokaido Shinkansen is the most "subway/metro" like of them all, actually some high school students (among others) use it to get to school in Tokyo from the neighboring prefectures.

Edited by bikkuri bahn

wonderful! i will pm you a few suggestions.

best of luck with this and look forward to seeing the show. please keep the forum posted on the production and release, im sure there will be a lot of interested eyeballs here!

cheers

jeff

ps fine here in this forum!

Look forward to watch the video.. so many types of railfans in Japan. I wonder how many types will be on the show... interestingly though it will be focused on Shinkansen.. :love10:

If Discovery Channel wants to send me to Japan, I would be more than happy to talk about Shinkansen. I loved riding them when I was stationed at Iwakuni.