Groannnn, I forgot....

cteno4

So I saw the movie Message from Space on the tv schedule and decided to watch. I rember seeing it when it came out but could not for the life of me remember it. Oh man if you want to see the worst, odd and surreal wacky rip off of star wars give it a whirl. It's so bad it goes all the way around to be good,mthen goes past that and back to bad.

But it was so bad I could not stop watching, I think I hurt my eyes.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 2

Watch it, the story is total rip off of Star Wars, but then a dash of seven Samauri (well they did change it to 8 at least, but one is a robot that, unlike r2d2 never does anything but need to be led by the hand out of the way), Flash Gordon (Ming the merciless and his court), and a few others. It's just so funny seeing how many ways they tucked star wars stuff into it, you would have thought they could have been a little less transparent! Even the shots of the big space ship are the same angles done in sw4! Death planet being blown up by shooting into a vent. Even the lizard kids head was the shape of darth vander's mask!

But it was funny to see things ripped off from this by Lucas (well you never know) in return of the Jedi though like these guys were flying inside the tunnels inside the Death Star and th evil emperor is tossed off the ledge with static flying by the hero.

Groan is fun and im all over camp (dark star is a fav since I first saw it in the theater, and b scifi movies are a staple), this one went back around the dial with the odd xeroxing of Star Wars.

Jeff

• Like 1

this one goes around the dial past bad to good then starts back around to bad! but its one of those things you cant tear your eyes away from like a traffic accident...

enjoy!

jeff

I love "B" sci-fi movies too, especially the ones from the 1950s and early/mid '60s. I've spent the last several years collecting them on DVD and there's not too many left that I don't have. However I've never seen MESSAGE FROM SPACE; I'd planned to when it was first released but negative reviews from a few friends who did see it kept me from going. Maybe I'll buy the disc someday if I can pick it up cheap and judge it for myself.