Streaming of Modeltrain Stuff

TheNicofabi

Well i would say this is the most horrible whoring ever but... i wanted to stream myself converting my trains then just doing it on my own... i planned on doing it with more then just that but yeah... other wise to make it more of a topic, what do you guys think of live streaming Modeltrain stuff?

For the Stream: http://www.hitbox.tv/TheNicofabi

PS:Yes i just threw the post here cause i didnt know where else...

• Like 1

Nico,

I just caught a minute there a little bit ago before I got s phone call. Thing the biggest problem with streaming is timing with the world wide span of this forum. Folks tried to do some scheduled chats, but seems no time could get agreed upon. Probably comes down to content for folks to drop in. Maybe having a focused theme to get folks attention to wanting to tune in to the stream.

What about doing them recorded? What specifically outside the novelty does having it streaming get you? If you present something particularly interesting it also then screams to be recorded for others to see later.

I think the live is good when you have interaction do you have to be a hitbox member to do the chat they have?

Cool thing is it looks like it was a fun way to introduce model trains to non model train folks! Run some trains show som off,myopia could do little virtual train shows!

Ardesh, the owner of trainaidsa.com who passed away last fall, and I use to talk a lot about the use of live/recorded video demos to try to build an online train community. Most of the ideas ended up being a lot of work unfortunately. He had some interesting ideas of trying to set up mentor programs to help beginners with just help along the way or specific things. He did a couple of public workshops in India with 5 or 6 experts doing demos of electrical, track, scenery, etc and had lines going down the block to get in! There was a pent up demand for folks to get into model trains but getting a little help and ideas up front seemed to be really important!

Jeff

• Like 1

Nico,

I just caught a minute there a little bit ago before I got s phone call. Thing the biggest problem with streaming is timing with the world wide span of this forum. Folks tried to do some scheduled chats, but seems no time could get agreed upon. Probably comes down to content for folks to drop in. Maybe having a focused theme to get folks attention to wanting to tune in to the stream.

What about doing them recorded? What specifically outside the novelty does having it streaming get you? If you present something particularly interesting it also then screams to be recorded for others to see later.

I think the live is good when you have interaction do you have to be a hitbox member to do the chat they have?

Cool thing is it looks like it was a fun way to introduce model trains to non model train folks! Run some trains show som off,myopia could do little virtual train shows!

Ardesh, the owner of trainaidsa.com who passed away last fall, and I use to talk a lot about the use of live/recorded video demos to try to build an online train community. Most of the ideas ended up being a lot of work unfortunately. He had some interesting ideas of trying to set up mentor programs to help beginners with just help along the way or specific things. He did a couple of public workshops in India with 5 or 6 experts doing demos of electrical, track, scenery, etc and had lines going down the block to get in! There was a pent up demand for folks to get into model trains but getting a little help and ideas up front seemed to be really important!

Jeff

Well, you are correct, wich is why i recorded it aswell, so i basically have it still available to upload to youtube... but i probably gonna have it kinda sped up. But yes Videos are probably the only way you can get a good amount of people going there... (also to the Hitbox question, yes you do have to have an account... though secondary chats could be an option aswell...)

It sounded like you had some interested non model railroaders there!

Doing nice videos really can provide a great amount of info! Those you scenery making youtubes recently posted in that other thread were fantastic! Noting like seeing it happen. But storyboarding, scripting, shooting, narrating, and editing them is a huge amount of work!

I guess maybe finding and focusing in on what you have to best present and are most passionate about will probably be the best attraction and gather followers!

Keep us posted if you do more!

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

It sounded like you had some interested non model railroaders there!

Doing nice videos really can provide a great amount of info! Those you scenery making youtubes recently posted in that other thread were fantastic! Noting like seeing it happen. But storyboarding, scripting, shooting, narrating, and editing them is a huge amount of work!

I guess maybe finding and focusing in on what you have to best present and are most passionate about will probably be the best attraction and gather followers!

Keep us posted if you do more!

Cheers

Jeff

Well... you could say i am always one that prefers to be of direct assistance... wich is why i am a streamer... i will definitly continue it but there do indeed might be some youtube exclusives on my part...