DCC'ing Tomix H0

Claude_Dreyfus

Claude_Dreyfus

I have a number of H0 Tomix locomotives; mainly EF64-1000, but there is also an EF81, EH210, EF66 and an EH500. I don't believe any of them are particularly old models (predominantly second-hand acquisitions); attached photo gives some indication of what I am referring to.

I am considering getting these converted to DCC. Our club H0 layout (although German) is exclusively DCC, so these cannot be run on there. My own H0 layout has some pretty ancient electrics, which will require whole-sale replacement; which will involve converting the layout to DCC - so that avenue will close.

Finally, a full-length freight train is long in N gauge, so 18+ Kokis will not be an option for any future layout. To cater for the large collection of locos, and about ten goods wagons, I am considering a loco yard, or some such like; which lends itself to DCC. So, my questions are:

Has anyone on here converted (or had converted) any Tomix H0 locos? If so, is it straight-forward? Are there any pitfalls, or things to look out for?

post-109-0-31110400-1449943854_thumb.jpg

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus