Oh the humanity

cteno4

They apparently don't know the difference between a conductor and engineer.

You also wonder how they can make that determination from surveying the cars and the cargo - you'd think they'd need to speak to someone.

Not to mention - how can they make a final statement the same day, when Amtrak takes a year?

Clearly this is a conspiracy to distract us from more significant events. If you check the photograph closely, it's obviously photoshopped - what are They trying to hide from us? Worse, this is how the Illuminati communicate - as the stock shown is identifiably European and mainly German, particularly the locomotive, They are probably sending a message to their servants on the Old Continent expressing their displeasure at the European trainwreck under German leadership.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

• Like 3

Not to mention - how can they make a final statement the same day, when Amtrak takes a year?

I know it easily takes me at least that long to write the final report whenever I suffer a model train accident. Once I even needed to call in a metallurgist just to make sure there'd be no public controversy in my findings.

Oh Charles.  Why so serious?

Serious? 

Seriously?

Humor doesn't need to be blatantly apparent - there are many levels and kinds.

But I'd have to say their wreck story is blatantly apparent!

Subtlety would have leant credibility.

. . . and a better (less silly?) photo would have helped.

I'd want to write for a more sophisticated publication - like Mad magazine ;-)

The onion is not looking for or pretending to have any credibility.  They are blatantly obvious with what the publish.  As one said, humor has many levels and kinds.  Some of those levels and kinds are lost on some people within this thread.  Even myself at times too. 

Edited by katoftw