JRW mess up around Kobe 5000 had to walk.

The car on the video is completly missing a pantograph and there are scorch marks on it near the roof. Also the crew standing on top seems to be fixing the catenary.

• Like 1

Apparently the train with scorch marks pulled the wire down.  What I can't understand is why JRWest  made all those people walk.  Yes one line was closed.  They couldn't operate around that.  For that matter JRwest couldn't find busses.  this sort of stuff happens reasonably often here in the NY area and somehow Metro North not only keeps most of the trains running, nobody walks. 

Apparently the train with scorch marks pulled the wire down.  What I can't understand is why JRWest  made all those people walk.  Yes one line was closed.  They couldn't operate around that.  For that matter JRwest couldn't find busses.  this sort of stuff happens reasonably often here in the NY area and somehow Metro North not only keeps most of the trains running, nobody walks. 

They were walking from the train along the tracks to the next station, which would be the closest location suitable for evacuating large numbers of people from the line.

• Like 1

From the Taiwanese newspaper:

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20151116/733949/

Looks like a suicide case with the 223 series...

That was the 1st incident... And I read somewhere (dun know the accuracy of this) that the 2nd incident was caused by the following train driver stopping and forgetting to lower the pantograph and the overhead wires fused somehow... And the following 2 trains were stopped due to disruption of overhead power supply... 

(from facebook poster Staurt Anderson)

• Like 1