Kato 10-317 Koki 104

Das Steinkopf

Das Steinkopf

Recently I received the Kato Koki 104 2 car set that I had on pre order, overall the wagons are nicely detailed with nice crisp and clean details but there are a couple of things that irk me about the set. One of them is the fact that the 18D containers only have 5 different numbers, I have the Kato 10-246 Koki 106 2 car set and it has 10 different numbers for the 19D containers that are on them, not only that the 19D containers have a detailed underside whilst the 18D containers with this set are hollow like Tomix containers. Another thing I find odd is how pale the blue is, I have a number of Tomix 100 Series Koki's in blue including 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 and 106, there are some very subtle differences between the shades of blue but nothing like how pale the Kato models are. Can anyone enlighten me as too why there is such a radical variation in colour compared to other available models, I have had a look at plenty of photos of the real life wagons and not seen this variation with any of the sub series of the Koki 104's so it's got me stumped as too why they are that colour.

Krackel Hopper

I know I've seen photos of koki 104s in the light blue paint but I cannot seem to find them right now.

Bandai even makes the distinction in the Shorty Koki 104 set.. calling them blue and cyan..

10119035b.jpg