Vintage Kato (and others)

Welshbloke

Thanks everyone for your feedback on the tankers. At present they are sitting at $10.50 for the pair with no reserve. The seller also has 3 other Japanese wagons for sale at $5 no reserve. Auction finishes on Sunday, so will see how I go bidding. There is one particular bidder who has bid on a lot of Japanese N scale from a deceased estate recently and doesn't seem to mind overpaying for goods above their value on the market. One secondhand set recently went for more than the new price from Hobbysearch or AmiAmi and that would have included postage!! I hope he is away from his computer over our long Queens Birthday weekend.

Welshbloke

I always suspect that sort of buyer to be motivated more by stopping anyone else from getting the item than they are by wanting the item itself. Why else would they bully the competition out of the way by splurging ridiculous sums in order to win at all costs?

I always suspect that sort of buyer to be motivated more by stopping anyone else from getting the item than they are by wanting the item itself. Why else would they bully the competition out of the way by splurging ridiculous sums in order to win at all costs?

I think its  also the danger with auctions of people getting excited about winning! I tend to also know the value of what I am bidding on and set a limit for my bids.