RIDE DR YELLOW!!!

OMG i can't afford that, that's easily ¥63,440 including round trip to Nagoya. I mean I like trains but the Kanto area doesn't seem to have a lot of specialty trains that would interest me.

The price of the tour includes round trip fare on the shinkansen from Tokyo area locations to Nagoya.  The rare chance to tour the Doctor Yellow plus a ride is worth at least 10000 yen (and a maintenance facility tour to boot), and when you figure in the train fare, hotel, meals (the hitsumabushi dinner is worth about 5000 yen) and bus transport, 40000 yen seems entirely reasonable, if not a bargain.  All four dates are sold out, BTW:

http://tour.club-t.com/vstour/WEB/web_tour3_tour_tmp.aspx?p_baitai_web=CTOP&ToCd=TD&p_from=800000&p_company_cd=1002000&link_id=sCnS&p_course_no2=29050&p_baitai=988&x=67&y=15#calender

Edited by bikkuri bahn

It's expected to be sold out... Judging from how the Dr. Yellow has been hailed as striking lottery even just to spot it on the rails... Much more to ride in it!

Wonder if the tourists are allowed to view the overhead pantograph inspection thingy. That would seriously attract me to see the pantograph up close and personal with the overhead cable!