Favorite Shinkansen "couples"

Brandenburg

Hello, everyone, greetings from Brazil! A good railway system is pretty much a distant dream around here... One day, I was watching some Shinkansen videos and started to wonder which of these pairings in the JR East network was the favorite one. It can be any of them, from 1992's 200/400 to nowadays' E5/E6.

• Like 1

Hard to say which is my favourite. Probably an E2-E3 combo.

While we're on the subject. I don't recall seeing an E6 coupled to anything other than an E5. Can I assume this there's a reason for this?

The E4-E4 coupling is pretty impressive, especially in person in a station on a platform next to a track. The huge beasts actually have a very graceful curve when you are on a 1:1 scale with it that does not translate well with a photo or a model. It says POWER & GRACE!

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

Only Shinkansens? There are a lot of nice other couples out there ~~ :)

As for Shinkansen... Tough choice... I have to agree the E5 + E6 looks the best. The contrasting colours of the Green and Red is really nice, and those long beautiful noses... Wow ~~  

But, the uniqueness of the 200 series Green + 400 series is also a beauty~ That round nose of the 200 + the first sharper nose of the 400 is sweet!

• Like 1