Quick Question about Tokyu Toyoko Train Assignment

If I were wanting to find a specific trainset (for example, the 5050 Series 4000 Hikarie set), how could I go about finding what service Tokyu will run it on? I know it changes (or changed at one point) service assignment because I used to consistently ride it and now I hardly see it anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There is no way of knowing which service will use which trainset. You had better monitor twitter, use the search term or hashtag 4110F, this is the formation number for that particular train. Apparently recently it was spotted at the Nagatsuta Depot.

Not comprehensive, unofficial and largeley maintained by fans on a daily basis and concentrating on the Tokyo Metropolitan Area: http://loo-ool.com/rail/e233index.cgi?guid=ON however, very convenient and 98% of the time spot on.

All is in numbers, so if you are looking for a specific train, hou have to know its formation number.

Next to Twitter as bikkuri mentioned, this is your friend in train hunting quests.

Kind of unclear, but the associated profile page seems to imply it's some sort of collective of enthusiasts:

なおbotの中の人は、忙しいことが多いため、運用や運行時刻のツイートができないことがあったり、ツイートが遅れることがあります。

The people of whom the bot consists are often busy, so it's not always possible to post running or timetable information, and some tweets might be delayed.