So in Tokyo Today...

katoftw

Nut sure what was going on, but the overheads had no power.

The Imperial DD51-842 was pulling along 10 50th Anniversary container wagons, dunno how they rounded up all those containers since they have been spread across the nation.

post-1782-0-40581500-1440999784_thumb.jpgpost-1782-0-67037500-1440999827_thumb.jpg

Also the D51-498 was pull along some empty Hoki800s.

post-1782-0-43337900-1440999738_thumb.jpg

Don't even ask me what a 800 series Shinkansen was doing there.  Must have taken a wrong turn at Kokura.

• Like 6

haha nice!

You actually have 3 types of propellant equipment there, DD51 by diesel, 800 series by electric and D51 by coal ~ Interesting!

That last picture reminded me of this:

Please forward the video to around 2:35

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 3

haha nice!

You actually have 3 types of propellant equipment there, DD51 by diesel, 800 series by electric and D51 by coal ~ Interesting!

That last picture reminded me of this:

Please forward the video to around 2:35

Do we know which train was the winner?  I wonder if the E3 driver slowed down, then both drivers waved at each other and counted 3, 2, 1, GO!

Just a bit of useless info some may find interesting.  Both the 800 and the D51 where able to navigate a Kato R315 canted curve straight into a #4 point at full speed on a Kato controller.  No derailments.  And not S124/S186 between curve and points.  Can be seen in first photo from first post.

Edited by katoftw

Do we know which train was the winner?  I wonder if the E3 driver slowed down, then both drivers waved at each other and counted 3, 2, 1, GO!

Clearly that would have been a one way victory... The E3 had much better acceleration and top speed as compared with the SL... I think this is some event whereby both of them travel at the same speed... We can see many people on the bridges and along the tracks witnessing the trains go by. It's definitely a marvel to watch! 

Makes me wanna do the same video with my E3 ad SL when my layout is done up... that is...