z scale vehicles

dawdawes

I am struggling to find decent Vehicles for my new z scale exhibition layout tried most places but they don't seem to be out there?

Thanks for that, I have seen them about but they just look so cheap I would rather pay more money for cars that look like current japanese vehicles

Edited by cteno4

Based purely on what I've seen listed on eBay, there really aren't any Japanese Z scale road vehicles. I bought some European vehicles from a Hungarian seller called csikape, but he hasn't got anything listed at the moment. He might have had a few Japanese cars, but don't hold me to that.

Have you tried the Japanese online sellers - eg Hobby Search?

DD,

If you get desperate you can try cleaning up the cheap z scale Chinese architectural cars that you can get on ebay. I played with cleaning up a few of the n scale ones and they do clean up well if you file out the flashing well,mnew coat of paint,mthen better detail painting,mthey become passable, not as good as tomytec vehicles, but reasonable. Don't think I've seen other Japanese z scale vehicles. There are a few z scale Japanese layout threads on the forum, might poke around those to see what they may have adapted and PM the layout owners some questions.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Dave.

Pleased to see you've returned to the fold for a while. The hungarian guy helps out with the family business during the summer months so doesn't list anything at present.

I've had some 50-60s american cars of him to put on Cuyahoga and they look spot on but i don't have a full list of what he does. Just have to keep looking on ebay for when he starts up again

If generic trucks and vans are any use Randy Brown and Tom Phalen might have something useful. it depends on what era you are modelling really

Kev

Thanks Kev

i am bidding on a couple. An update on layout for you, its now USA, Milwaukee road in the 1970s 55" x 26" on 1 board running loco sound from a kato soundbox and background sound as well.

goto www.dawdawes.com for updates

cheers

Dave