HO/OO figures

Kiha_120

I just bought some Preiser Japanese railway people ( 6 in a box ) but there is only one driver/motorman in a sitting position ( I had to give the poor chap  :sad1:  some major surgery in the form of amputation of most of his legs, or else he wouldn't sit in the motormans seat - kiha 58 ).

The Preiser figures are good, but I feel,  rather overpriced - I got mine from 'Gaugemaster', but six figures won't go far on the layout with the amount of locos and station staff required !

I have about fifty ordered from eBay which are being sent from China - these are all 'sitting' passengers - personally, I think nothing looks less realistic than trains with no drivers, no passengers or other 'people' - after all,  people are the only reason railways exist in the first place !

Speaking of which ....I was sold some BR 'railway' figures by a local company that deals in models ( Shinohara as well ) - at that time, I asked for BR enginemen,  only to find out when I got home,  I had been given Preiser LUFTWAFFE WW2 figures!   I guess the seller was in need of glasses ?

So,  if anyone who reads this wants a set of six unopened Luftwaffe aircrewmen,  they are welcome ( F.O.C. ) I couldn't be bothered to drive all the way back to exchange them.

Finally, if any of you good people know where I can source more reasonably priced JAPANESE figures,  rail men/women and even passengers in HO, I'd be very grateful for the 'nod' - as over £10 per six,  Preiser is way too expensive to populate my layout !

post-3227-0-48865900-1439213925_thumb.jpg If you think this driver looks a tad 'sour' just remember, he's had extensive surgery !

post-3227-0-67172900-1439214139_thumb.jpg

I just bought some Preiser Japanese railway people ( 6 in a box ) but there is only one driver/motorman in a sitting position ( I had to give the poor chap  :sad1:  some major surgery in the form of amputation of most of his legs, or else he wouldn't sit in the motormans seat - kiha 58 ).

The Preiser figures are good, but I feel,  rather overpriced - I got mine from 'Gaugemaster', but six figures won't go far on the layout with the amount of locos and station staff required !

I have about fifty ordered from eBay which are being sent from China - these are all 'sitting' passengers - personally, I think nothing looks less realistic than trains with no drivers, no passengers or other 'people' - after all,  people are the only reason railways exist in the first place !

Speaking of which ....I was sold some BR 'railway' figures by a local company that deals in models ( Shinohara as well ) - at that time, I asked for BR enginemen,  only to find out when I got home,  I had been given Preiser LUFTWAFFE WW2 figures!   I guess the seller was in need of glasses ?

So,  if anyone who reads this wants a set of six unopened Luftwaffe aircrewmen,  they are welcome ( F.O.C. ) I couldn't be bothered to drive all the way back to exchange them.

Finally, if any of you good people know where I can source more reasonably priced JAPANESE figures,  rail men/women and even passengers in HO, I'd be very grateful for the 'nod' - as over £10 per six,  Preiser is way too expensive to populate my layout !

attachicon.gifIMAG0082.JPG If you think this driver looks a tad 'sour' just remember, he's had extensive surgery !

I received my 50 'people' - all in sitting position, all pre painted, but guess what ?  They are ' O ' gauge !!!!

This time,  I have no one to blame but me - so as part of my self inflicted punishment for not paying attention when ordering, I am offering these figures FREE to anyone who models in ' O ' gauge !  They are of no use whatsoever to me and because I made the mistake,  I cannot return them for refund.

There's Sakatsu.

http://www.sakatsu.jp/index_e.html

But they are not cheap.  HO is hard in Japan because it's a heavily minority scale.  One good thing is that western clothes are worn.  You could buy the unpainted figures that are out there and paint them.  And putty hats and stuff to make them more Japanese.