Welded rail trains

I don't understand the translation either. How should be the organization with the Kokis? You have to interlace the Kokis with the cars in the kit? It would need 11 or 12 Kokis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since much of my interest was related to the Deki 600's, I've acquired two of those and four Koki104's, so will use these to scratchbuild a Meitetsu HO welded rail train - at some point.

Or just the two end cars are provided + the accessories to fit with the 11 Kokis you have to purchase separately?

I'd say those assembly guide pages will help you decide if you really want to tackle this (or not) !

Talk about alphabet soup ;-)

This could be one of those kits where less than 50% of those sold ever get built.

However - I'm sure it's very impressive when done, with the rail loaded.

but still not clear how many cars you get of actual equipment to go on the kokis... they show pictures of the three rail handling cars so i expect you get those, but the diagram shows 10 cars with just rail racks on them, i assume you get the rail racks fort hose cars as well?

it is an impressive etched metal kit. The Pairhands car carrier truck is really a great kit, they do great work. the rail transporter is the perfect thing to do in etched metal like this.

its starting an itch...

jeff

but still not clear how many cars you get of actual equipment to go on the kokis... they show pictures of the three rail handling cars so i expect you get those, but the diagram shows 10 cars with just rail racks on them, i assume you get the rail racks fort hose cars as well?/quote]

Step 5 shows the rail rack assembly of those 10 cars. So it Should be in the kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As kits go it does not look very bad. If you want unique mow equipment a bit of work will be needed, but this should be fine for the average modeler to do. Bit of work, care and time, but not not anything like some of the advanced kits.

Jeff

I meant it in terms of the multiple bags of very many, many small parts that need to be painted and mounted.

Not so much absolute difficulty as perhaps tediousness.

I finally got one set of Pairhands "welded train set" on Yahoo Auctions. It has the number 821, it seems there were already severals that went on the market. All are probably variants.

Here some pictures of the kit:

Pairhands-821_01.jpg

There is several pages as documentation.

Pairhands-821_03.jpg

Overview of the kit content:

Pairhands-821_04.jpg

The etched parts:

Pairhands-821_15.jpg

Pairhands-821_16.jpg

Pairhands-821_17.jpg

The aluminum casted parts:

Pairhands-821_11.jpg

The decals:

Pairhands-821_14.jpg

Additionally I purchased a bunch of Kato Koki 5500 cars. I will try to work on in it in the coming weeks.

• Like 3

Atobit,

Wow, looks very nice! How was the price for the older kit on yahoo.jp?

I'm getting more and more tempted!

Jeff

Velotrain,

Ouuups! Yes that's white metal.

cteno4

It started at 10K, ended up at 18K JPY. Not that's cheap.

The kit is very nice indeed!

Not the Meitetsu, but I found a video of a welded rail loading / unloading demo (open day?) using 12 onboard cranes.

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Interesting! Another fun one to model with the cranes! Those could be 3D printed.

The cars look like they have extra trucks.

Jeff