Track plan for Kato 23-125

Welshbloke

I've just ordered one of the Kato V13 elevated double track sets, so naturally I'm looking at the station set to go with it. One question though:

I'd probably use the track plan they suggest, with one line using 481-15 curves to wrap around an island platform. However, it occurs to me that there should be enough space to add a short headshunt/siding if I replace one of those reverse curves with a #4 turnout and its associated trackwork, leaving me with a track layout which is pretty common in real life.

Question is, therefore, whether it's possible to connect a single track viaduct to that end of the station next to the double track viaduct? I can see three slots for S-joiners in the photos of the station deck pieces, but I don't know whether the double track is too wide for this to work?

Edited by Welshbloke

yes you can do that.

just me mindful of the catenary poles and bases when doing it though, if you are using them.

Edited by katoftw

In our club setups we needed to use 3 single track viaduct pieces, side-by-side, for a length or two. The double-track viaduct pieces' walls stick farther out, so there is not sufficient space to add a single track viaduct piece next to one. You also remove the little end wall piece from the station viaduct base.

Rich K.

Thanks for that, I think I can see a way to deal with the lack of elbow room if I use two straight single track 248mm viaduct sections and a curved one for the diverging route. Not unrealistic either - there's a similar setup in Cardiff for the line down to the Bay, which usually has a single car DMU shuttling up and down.

Edited by Welshbloke