Quick translation help please

Guest keio6000

Guest keio6000

Am kind of interested in a Odakyu 1000 series model.  Found this one on yahoo:

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e164109345

Don't understand the nuances of Japanese in this case.  On one hand he seems to say it's kit built, on the other hand it's in a GM pre-assembled box (at least for 4 cars).  

Can somebody help me understand exactly what is there?  I guess it might be 4 cars pre-built and 4-cars self built?  If the end-cars are pre-built, do they have directional lighting?

worryingly, the end cars seem to have the kato style couplers, suggesting that it was they that was kit built..

As this auction ends soon, prompt assistance greatly appreciated :).  also appreciated if forum members don't out-bid me if i decide to bid ha ha.

Thanks for your help!

>>>>

Update: I think i got it.  It's 100% kit built from 2 GM "total sets."  i was confused by the spine label which was probably supplied in the total kit.  As GM is coming out soon with these pre-completed, this guy is probably trying to dump this in advance of that. No clue why he has a 'completed prodct' cardboard folio on it, though maybe all GM folio boxes have this stamped on it?

Edited by keio6000

judging by the pics, there is 2 different sets in this auction.  one is completed and one if a kit at a guess.  the one with with ends and side destination boards is a 4 car basic with motor, and the one with grey ends and no side destination boards is a coloured kit.

Am kind of interested in a Odakyu 1000 series model.  Found this one on yahoo:

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e164109345

Don't understand the nuances of Japanese in this case.  On one hand he seems to say it's kit built, on the other hand it's in a GM pre-assembled box (at least for 4 cars).  

Can somebody help me understand exactly what is there?  I guess it might be 4 cars pre-built and 4-cars self built?  If the end-cars are pre-built, do they have directional lighting?

worryingly, the end cars seem to have the kato style couplers, suggesting that it was they that was kit built..

As this auction ends soon, prompt assistance greatly appreciated :).  also appreciated if forum members don't out-bid me if i decide to bid ha ha.

Thanks for your help!

>>>>

Update: I think i got it.  It's 100% kit built from 2 GM "total sets."  i was confused by the spine label which was probably supplied in the total kit.  As GM is coming out soon with these pre-completed, this guy is probably trying to dump this in advance of that. No clue why he has a 'completed prodct' cardboard folio on it, though maybe all GM folio boxes have this stamped on it?

The folio case has label with "pre-painted self assemble kit", so seller is correct.  GM sold kit with folio case, normally people presume it comes with paper box or something.

Guest keio6000

Thanks guys.  As the "completed kit" odakyu 1000 has not yet been released in any form AFAIK, it must be 2 kits with, as nartak says, a GM kit with folio case or at least a spine sticker included.

just had a look at the assembly instructions for the Odakyu 1000 Wide Door pre coloured kits.  I see no mention of direction lights.

Guest keio6000

sure.  pre coloured kits never have these.  in the past some have jury rigged directional mechanisms, but the best solution is to get the assembled sets. 

Guest keio6000

well, i didn't bid on this one, but i did bid on another auction that i lost the auction and now am banging my head on the table for the last half hour because of it.  was a really cheap bunch of unitrack that i am sure i was the 2nd highest bidder.