Different Perspective of the Yananote Line

enodenlover

Fruit Basket brand toilet paper? Only in Japan. Thanks, toc36, for posting this. I really enjoyed it and Kyde is quite a charmer.

enodenlover

No Hello Kitty products for me but if they were to come out with Godzilla toilet paper I'd happily welcome it into my home.

Hello,

This video is good, honest, and respectful of Japanese culture.  I applaud the couple who made, for their interesting perspective and style.

The creators of this video--Kyde and Eric--have lived in Japan for quite some time and have a real understanding of Japanese culture. Mind you, it's still a tad crazy to ride a bicycle like this, since much of Tokyo isn't what I call bicycle friendly.

The creators of this video--Kyde and Eric--have lived in Japan for quite some time and have a real understanding of Japanese culture. Mind you, it's still a tad crazy to ride a bicycle like this, since much of Tokyo isn't what I call bicycle friendly.

It's not as bad as you might imagine. I cycle quite long distances through Tokyo for exercise and fun. The upside is that by default, in any accident the larger vehicle is seen as at fault, so even though road lanes are quite narrow, vehicle drivers are very careful. The downsides, apart from the narrow lanes, are other cyclists (particularly the ones who think it somehow a good idea to cycle along main roads against traffic) and the lack of bicycle parking.

• Like 1

Coming from a country where the bicycle is king and lord, Japan is sometimes really crazy compared to back home (organised anarchy), but you get used to it. Usually motorised vehicles do take care of bicycles (at least where I live), but it is indeed the other cyclists who are dangerous. Most cyclists and most motorists have not a single clue about traffic rules for bicycles, which results usually to chaotic situations.

The best method for safe riding I've learned, is to keep to the left on separated sidewalks, like motorised traffic on roads. When riding on the road, use the left shoulder as the law abides you to and always yield to pedestrians. Pedestrians always have way by law (unless exempted) and thus are always right. Always remember that, I keep repeating to myself when on my iron steed, as my driving style is a bit aggressive.

That was a fun video... Though, look what their riding - folding bicycles. And looks like they were riding on the sidewalk in some areas and slow streets. Cops in Chicago ride on the sidewalks as their not stupid. I suspect in Japan that might be a challenge but these bikes served them well for what they did. Maybe they'll have more video's down town... Are there any scenic cruises via some of the water ways in and around Japan ? Or maybe a place where they can rent some Kayaks, as what a visual that'd be.

Then, of course they'd probably have to update their camera to a Fuji. One of those waterproof cameras. Let's hope they check to see that it floats.

trainsforever8

I watched the whole thing and loved it! It was a really nice video, plus It makes me want to circle the whole line by train but also by bike like they did!