I need some help fixing my DF200

bc6

Hey guys I found a DF200 chassis from Kato in a box of old trains that Id like to restore and need some help. Id love to get a shell for it and I need a motor plus gear shaft couplings. I assume the first place to start looking would be Kato, but if anyone can offer other avenues to get my DF200 back in running condition I would be grateful.

CaptOblivious

The working parts might not be hard to get hold of (but many of us have had problems with this!!!). Ask Kato USA, Kato Japan, MG Sharp, and any of the Japanese retailers you feel comfortable emailing. I think most of us have had the best time of it emailing the folks at hobby search (1999.co.jp), and asking them if they could stock it for us to buy.

As for the shell itself: Not likely gonna find that. I hate to say it and burst your bubble, but it's true. It doesn't hurt to ask those sources above! But don't get your hopes up. You might be better off trolling eBay for a few months waiting for a non-runner to come up…

Thank you Captn, I thought getting the motor and other parts would be the easy part. Thats a good suggestion to troll on ebay for a non running DF200.

alpineaustralia

I recently bought a new coupler set (including couplers, and front and rear skirts) and grab handles for a DF 200-0

What parts do you need?

I can see if I can find them for you.

I recently bought a new coupler set (including couplers, and front and rear skirts) and grab handles for a DF 200-0

What parts do you need?

I can see if I can find them for you.

Well alpineaustralia I need the motor and mounting bracket plus the coupling set for the gears and last but the bodyshell itself.

I know thats a long list of stuff but if you could help me source the stuff I need I would be thankful.

alpineaustralia

Is it a DF200 or a DF200-50?

Let me get this right. You need:

1. The motor, metal frame, platsic frame which holds light plate/decoder, internal gear drive etc

This is one big part in itself and cannot be purchased in its constituent parts.

The Kato Assy No. for both DF200 and DF200-50 is 7007-1B (approx book cost 3150 yen)

2. coupling set for the gears

Not sure what you mean by this.

If you mean the front and rear bogies which includes the gears within the bogies, the Kato Assy No. for both DF200 and DF200-50 is 7007-1D1 (approx book cost 1890 yen).

The middle bogies, the Kato Assy No. for both DF200 and DF200-50 is 7007-1D2 (approx book cost 420 yen).

If you mean the front and rear couplers (which come in a set with the appropriate grey or red spoiler):

the Kato Assy No. for DF200 is 7007-1C3 (approx book cost 420 yen).

the Kato Assy No. for DF200-50 is 7007-2C3 (approx book cost 420 yen).

3. bodyshell itself.

The Kato Assy No. for both DF200 and DF200-50 is 7007-1A (approx book cost 2415 yen).

Do you need any other parts to add to the shell eg. grab handles, coupler bar etc.

Once you let me know what you need, I will seek out availablility.

Is it a DF200 or a DF200-50?

Let me get this right. You need:

1. The motor, metal frame, platsic frame which holds light plate/decoder, internal gear drive etc

This is one big part in itself and cannot be purchased in its constituent parts.

The Kato Assy No. for both DF200 and DF200-50 is 7007-1B (approx book cost 3150 yen)

2. coupling set for the gears

Not sure what you mean by this.

If you mean the front and rear bogies which includes the gears within the bogies, the Kato Assy No. for both DF200 and DF200-50 is 7007-1D1 (approx book cost 1890 yen).

The middle bogies, the Kato Assy No. for both DF200 and DF200-50 is 7007-1D2 (approx book cost 420 yen).

If you mean the front and rear couplers (which come in a set with the appropriate grey or red spoiler):

the Kato Assy No. for DF200 is 7007-1C3 (approx book cost 420 yen).

the Kato Assy No. for DF200-50 is 7007-2C3 (approx book cost 420 yen).

3. bodyshell itself.

The Kato Assy No. for both DF200 and DF200-50 is 7007-1A (approx book cost 2415 yen).

Do you need any other parts to add to the shell eg. grab handles, coupler bar etc.

Once you let me know what you need, I will seek out availablility.

alpineaustralia its a DF200, it'll probably be better if I post a picture of what I have. Wow thats a lot of research youve done for me I truly appreciate all of your hard work.