Classifieds request

I am so sorry to be a bother, but it is possible at all to keep this forum to a strictly private for sale forum? I am really tired of seeing all these eBay links and eBay alerts; if I wanted something on eBay, I'll get it from there. This is the first forum that I am a member of with such loose classifieds rules. These posts are really distracting and makes this forum a big turn off.

Sorry about the rant.

Thanks.

This isnt an attack on you personally but I actually like seeing ebay postings so I don't have to go searching all over the internet for what Im looking for. As far as distractions go, If I don't care about a post in particular I normally don't go looking at it. With enough said on the subject maybe on of the admins could look at the Classifieds Rules section because I cant view it.

CaptOblivious

I kind of like the loose rules too. Alpine is a champ at digging things up on eBay that I can't seem to find myself, even if I can't ever afford them as he finds them. I think some of the items we all want here are hard enough to find, that having lots of eyes really helps.

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, people are good about labeling posts that contain eBay links—and if not, then I hope that folks will do so—, which should be helpful in (at least mentally) filtering out uninteresting posts…

Darren Jeffries

I am so sorry to be a bother, but it is possible at all to keep this forum to a strictly private for sale forum? I am really tired of seeing all these eBay links and eBay alerts; if I wanted something on eBay, I'll get it from there. This is the first forum that I am a member of with such loose classifieds rules. These posts are really distracting and makes this forum a big turn off.

Sorry about the rant.

Thanks.

Clem,

I have split this away from the topic it was posted in to save going off topic.

I understand that people may find the loose rules a little frustrating. There are infact only a few rules on the whole board (see front page). However there is a reason for this, aside from my personal dislike for rules and regulations, I do expect and know that the members will act in a responsible manner. Also this Forum has been set up with one goal in mind, sharing information. If that includes giving fellow members a "Heads up" on interesting eBay auctions, then i think we are succeeding in our goal.

I would re-iterate the point made in the boards description, that we would prefer members to start their posts "WANTED", "FOR SALE", "TRADE" or "EBAY" which will allow you all to filter out the threads.

I gotta admit, I found a few good bargains throguh our system that I might not have known about ore would have found otherwise on eBay. And as anyone who uses eBay knows, things move fast on there.

Aside from what we see on the classified for sale, the classified section in itself, or the threads therefore generated do tend to drum up a bit of conversation on their own which is a plus for a board this small.

If the Classified forum were so busy that the OP was an issue, I'd suggest breaking it down in to child forums specifically one for WANTED, one FOR SALE, one more for eBay, but the Classifieds forum really just does not appear to be very busy at all.

62636342.jpg
alpineaustralia

I am probably of the biggest culprits for putting up ebay notices.

As I may have mentioned before, the range of Japanese trains (or any N scale for that matter) available at hobbystores in Australia is pretty dismal. I personally have had to buy the majority of my stuff through ebay and so I thought it would be a bit of a service to give people a heads-up about ebay items such as train books, specials and unusual items (as opposed to normal PlazaJapan, Hit-Japan type items) . My motivation for doing so are truly honourable.

But I agree some protocols would be helpful.

Perhaps we should formally adopt a protocol requiring members to start their posts "WANTED", "FOR SALE", "TRADE" or "EBAY".

I use to post some too earlier on. I recall part of the reason why we were posting the eBay stuff was so we could stake claims so we weren't mindless bidding against each other cause the prices of the bid to spiral through the roof. (Something I know use to frack Jeff off)

You might get better deals simply ordering from a Japanese retailer. If you need language help, let me know.

:blob1: :blob3: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob9: Did you just open what I call a "can of worms." :grin