What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Hi chad bag,

you re absoloutely right mate👍😀

I ve sold stuff that’s gone abroad and this is how it works,

when you sell you have the option of global shipping,when you click it it shows on the item details on eBay,when it gets sold to overseas it just shows the selling price plus postage you have set for domestic posting,That’s what money you recieve,you then post it to a central location,in Uk it’s in Staffordshire,just outside of birmingham,as a seller that’s all you do.

Ebay set the postage and inform the buyer and they pay whatever Ebay tell them the postage is.

But you re right when you say about the delay,I veknown it take four weeks before I ve had the notification that it’s been delivered.

i ve also bought a lot of stuff from my very good friend serotta,aka junior,who s in SF,some fairly large parcels too,he s posted direct to me and I ve had them in 5-10 days!! The only real delay being how long customs have it for.

to be fair,these are dificult times for us all but so far the postage system seems to be working as normal.

ive just bought some screw connections for the g gauge garden layout from Germany,they took 6 days,a week earlier than they had said.

paul

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf
7 hours ago, railsquid said:

Eek, sounds like you might be confusing it with RMweb? 

Sounds about right, RMWEB may be great for content and news but it certainly doesn't win any points for being a healthy and friendly community, the admins in particular Andy York love applying double standards, he is more than willing to delete posts or pull up newer or less active members over posts he or his mates don't like, yet he is quite happy to let his mates engage in bullying or trolling of other members.

• Like 1

A small package from Outpost in China made it through, via a New York agent who slapped a new mailing label over the original and forwarded it on here.  These laser-cut plastic buildings are brilliant for kit-bashing — the flat slab pieces dice up easily, and they need painting anyway.  I've marked the packages for what their intended uses are for future reference when we get to the model building stage of the various modules where they will reside.  With a little tweaking, they will make very nice proxies for some landmark buildings.

Outlands23April2020.jpeg

• Like 4

They have their own website, and also an EBay shop.  Prices and shipping vary between the two: EBay prices are a little higher, but with free shipping.  I've also found one model on EBay that wasn't listed on their own page!  EBay has worked fine for us doing small orders.

Their smaller kits are 3D prints, the larger ones are lasercut.

https://outlandmodels.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/Outland-Models-CN?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Edited by Cat
  • Like 2
ranger10178

Thank you both! I've put a few into my 'watch list' to think about buying! I'm not too keen on the look of the 3D printed models, but the others look okay!

Check out page 452 of this thread,someone put a post up last week about these buildings and I posted a picture of mine.

i kitbashed the police station but did nt do a great deal to the others.

they do need a bit of detailing and modifying but offer excellent value for money.

I did look for you as there was a guy in Basildon doing them but he seems to have disappeared off eBay.

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 1

Ranger,

a thread over here on the Outland buildings.

https://jnsforum.com/community/topic/11187-outland-models-buildings/?tab=comments#comment-131725

Nice kits for some variety. Windows are not alway quite Japanese, but you can always remove some mullions. You have to add internal floors as usually only one for 5-8 floors if you want more interior detail or light masking. They larger ones are CNC cut with like an 2 or 3mm router so the window corners and mullion corners all have a small radius to them, but you can clean this while watching tv with a small square file or hobby knife. You don’t really notice them specifically at a couple of feet but when I squared up one it sort of just sharpened up to the eye (but not a fair test!).

cheers

jeff

• Like 3
ranger10178

I might get a few of them to act as a backscene of sorts of the layout, when I come to build it. Do they tend to have a standard depth, or does that vary significantly?

Edited by ranger10178
ranger10178
44 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Check out page 452 of this thread,someone put a post up last week about these buildings and I posted a picture of mine.

i kitbashed the police station but did nt do a great deal to the others.

they do need a bit of detailing and modifying but offer excellent value for money.

I did look for you as there was a guy in Basildon doing them but he seems to have disappeared off eBay.

Thank you for looking, a shame he's disappeared... maybe the Chinese Secret Police made him disappear?!

Edited by ranger10178

Many overseas sellers will have a local agent with an inventory to ship locally. Many times they really around for a while until inventory runs out and they go poof on ebay then. Sometimes you find them selling something completely different later. I’ve gotten offers to do this in the past for small commissions on sales, some are more you have to buy in, etc which of course can be a scam or disaster if they don’t sell.

jeff

The base depths are pretty varied.  The item descriptions on the Outlands website and Ebay store list the dimensions.

40 minutes ago, ranger10178 said:

That makes sense! Sounds like a "Del Boy" thing to do haha!

Lovely Jubbly  🙂

ranger10178
57 minutes ago, Cat said:

The base depths are pretty varied.  The item descriptions on the Outlands website and Ebay store list the dimensions.

Thank you! I'll take a proper look at some point!

48 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Lovely Jubbly  🙂

Haha 😂😂😂 Pas de Calais as they say in Rome.

ranger10178

Another order from Train Trax came today!

I've got something to keep me occupued for a few hours (building the engine shed) as well as some fencing which will be for my T-Trak modules, the buffers and ash pit track to go with the engine shed, and the feeder tracks are for the spare track box (as I'd used my two "spare" ones for my T-Track modules).

The EF65 needs no explanation, and the KiRo28 is to add to my KiHa58 series train (now at 8 coaches) I'm thinking about buying another motororised coach though and running two KiHa 58 units as on my planned layout the platforms won't be any longer than 5 coaches, and likely 4.

20200424_134725.jpg

• Like 5

Just placed my very first rolling stock order for my newly constructed layout.

1x Kato WAMU 90000 boxcar (2 pack)

1x Tomix TORA 70000 gondola car

1x Kato KOKI 500000 container car (2 pack)

1x Tomix KOKI 102 container car (4 pack)

2x Kato OHA61 passenger cars (Brown)

2x Kato SUHA45 passenger cars (Blue)

1x Kato SUHAFU12 passenger car

2x Kato OHA12 passenger cars

I also got some containers for the container cars.

My railroad is fictional, I'm just getting whatever looks cool.

• Like 10
22 minutes ago, NateJ93 said:

My railroad is fictional, I'm just getting whatever looks cool.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Like 3

Sigh.  The 'we don't need to buy that yet' plan never works.

Tonight, Roxanne was asking if there were any more B-Train Shorties we should get.  I mentioned that there is the E653 Fresh Hitachi which fits right in for us, but we don't need it yet, we have plenty of trains on hand.  Then we admired pictures on HS.  Then I found a 7-car lot on YAJ at buyout for the cost of the power unit and upgraded trucks which were included.

Let's just say that we don't need to buy that in the future now.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10188501/20/2

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
Das Steinkopf

I received my last order for the next few months from AmiAmi, given the current exchange rate and paying for DHL that takes a week or more to arrive instead of the normal two days it’s just not worth it. Besides the containers that I had on preorder the rest of the order are bits and pieces that I will be using on my Tokaido Honsen based layout, I will say one thing the Hogaraka Duo may be pricey but they certainly make up for the cost in the detail when you compare them to the Kato Sakura versions.

D79DD05B-C207-4A08-A980-84D4D71D4527.jpeg

• Like 7

A Tomix ED61, four miscellaneous brown Kato coaches, enough Tomix point switches to keep me going for a while, and a large number of empty Kato boxes, which I intend to use to "downsize" locomotives which come in bulkier boxes (such as the Tomix EF61 pictured here) for more efficient use of dwindling storage space (yes it is getting that bad...)

misc-purchases.thumb.jpg.935ca467c9c1ea2727e00244a5a2d9ca.jpg

• Like 4