Trucks that carry JRF 19D containers

Kamome

I'm trying to model a JRF yard and have a few of the Kato JRF forklifts. However I'm struggling to find the smallish Mitsubishi Fuso type trucks I see around Japan carrying the JRF containers on from the railway.

Does anyone know which manufacturers produce smallish n gauge trucks that carry 1 or 2 of the 19D containers? I can only ever find the large articulated trucks from Tomytec that carry the long 40ft shipping containers.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks HantuBlauLOL

Not sure why I've not come across this model before.

Seems an obvious model to produce going forward. Tomix alone produce an extensive range of containers for the Koki wagons, not to mention other manufacturers. Hopefully Kato or Tomytec will see fit to update their range with something like this.

There are trucks that hold a single 19D container and have a single rear axle. They come from the trucks/trailer collection, and I have also seen them on yahoo jp.

Those small tomytec trucks are regular panel vans, not single 19D container trucks. Could probably kitbashing one using one of these.

There are tomytec trucks with larger containers like the old (and pretty crudely detailed) tomix sets. They have 2 sets of container clips so could pop on two 19D containers.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10205893

Cheers

Jeff

Many thanks for the info katoftw.

I will keep trawling the internet as my recent visits to Tam Tam Hobby Shop and Poppondetta in Fukuoka came out fruitless.

Cteno4 this is more like the sort of thing I had in mind. It would great to mix these with some shorter wheel base trucks I may have to kit bash.

Around Fukuoka I tend to see more of the small trucks coming out of the JRF terminal in Hakata. Pictures attached.

post-2039-0-01671300-1423028807_thumb.jpg

post-2039-0-78065900-1423028817_thumb.jpg

Yep those little single guys have not been done by tomytec. The small van units could be easily kitbashed into these trucks.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10292252

Actually surprised that tomytec has not done them as they have done a lot of the larger 19d container trucks as well as full 40' trailers. Unfortunately tomytec has slowed to a crawl at releasing vehicle sets... They use to come out every couple of months! Guess they saturated the market.

Jeff

Many thanks for the info katoftw.

I will keep trawling the internet as my recent visits to Tam Tam Hobby Shop and Poppondetta in Fukuoka came out fruitless.

Cteno4 this is more like the sort of thing I had in mind. It would great to mix these with some shorter wheel base trucks I may have to kit bash.

Around Fukuoka I tend to see more of the small trucks coming out of the JRF terminal in Hakata. Pictures attached.

these are common all accroos japan. i know i have seem then before as a tomytec n scale model. maybe someone has kit bashed them as jeff suggested and was selling them on yahoo. i'll have to search and see if i can find them.

Went back thru all the truck and car sets (i have collected all the tomytec and bandai car, truck, trailer and construction sets over the years) to triple check and none are for a single 19D container. the small panel van might work to kitbash, but its cab is small. couple of the other trucks like the small dump trucks might work if shortened some, but they tend to have larger cabs. 

it is surprising that tomytec has not done this as they are around quite a bit. 19D are used a lot, but also they do a lot more palette transfers to regular delivery trucks as well with the 19Ds for the smaller stuff. could be that not as much due to use of larger trucks that hold two of them. the larger tomytec container trucks will take two 19D containers and work well for that model situation.

cheers

jeff