KATO #6 turnout indicators

hucomp

I want LED indicators to mark the direction of turnouts, mainline or diverging. I know how to do this using DPDT, pushbutton, resistor and LED but I saw a post somewhere(!) that noted that because the #6 frog is powered, you can use 3-leg bi-coloured LED to indicate the direction of the turnout. All you need to do is attached the 2 outside LED wires to the rails and the center LED wire to the frog and Bob's your uncle! But nowhere is it explained where you attach the wire to the frog. Top, bottom, front, back, etc.. Also, there are no images of the insides of the turnout with notes as to what is what so I could figure it out myself. The #4 turnout is easily wired, of course.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me on this (diagrams preferable as I am electrically illiterate). 

Thanks for your help.

The #6 turnout doesn't have screws at the bottom, so you have to open it up, figure out which pad the frog power is coming from (with the continuity tester of a multimeter) and solder to to that. However this would work very poorly compared to the other options. (any short will disable the feedback, won't work in analog, and would blink wildly with dcc, fade out with dcc zero stretching) Also, don't forget to add the right resistor to the common leg of the led.