Seibu Railway to operate "RED LUCKY TRAIN"

Seibu railway announced to start operation of  Seibu "Red Lucky Train" from July 19.

Source (sorry in Japanese):
http://www.seibu-group.co.jp/railways/news/news-release/2014/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2014/07/09/20140709keikyuseibu.pdf

This activity is a collaboration with Keikyu as many customer reported that Keikyu Yellow train is similar to those Seibu rolling stock like series 2000, 3000, 9000, etc.

Seibu will operate 1 formation of series 9000 train with red/white coloring just like Keikyu train.

The train will be operated on Seibu Ikebukuro line (Ikebukuro - Hanno) and Sayama Line (Nishi-Tokorozawa - Seibu Kyujyo)

Seibu will be hosting a debut event at Ikebukuro station and Seibu Kyujo station.

1. 1st run ceremony
July 19 at 11:08-11:23
The train will be operated as non-stop train bounds for Seibu Kyujyo station

2. Photo takin event
July 19 at 12:30-15:00
Seibu railway will park RED Lucky Train and standard series 9000 next to each other at Seibu Kyujo station and giving away anniversary postcard.

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

Good, cheap method of PR and earn some extra passenger revenue by simply giving a train a new coat of "lucky" paint.

Good, cheap method of PR and earn some extra passenger revenue by simply giving a train a new coat of "lucky" paint.

And a new prototype for another model!   :grin

Sometimes I wonder about the ideas for special liveries, and joyful trains. I bet if I go to a JR group and propose a pasta train (pasta and spaghetti are big in Japan at the moment)  or a ferret train; nothing fancy, just a livery and a couple of logos inside the train, they'd jump at the chance to show off a new train designed by some ingenious (or baka) gaijin. Seriously, I think some of the ideas they come up with are just/ so far out in left field.

• Like 1

Oh man. This was to be expected. It looks terrible... Greenmax is probably already heating up the painting machines.

• Like 1

Will your head explode when Keisei will go along with this?

Soon all companies will have trains in liveries from other companies... Sotetsu and Hankyu livery, Meitetsu and Keihan livery, Keisei and Kintetsu livery.... :grin

And of course Chitetsu in E7 Shinkansen livery collaborating with the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen.

Edited by Densha

Will your head explode when Keisei will go along with this?

I'm not sure if Keisei will ever go along with any other company when colouring their rolling stock in other colours. The only candidate for this kind of gig is the 3400 type, since it's the only remaining non-stainless steel body commuter train. Yes, there are the two or three remaining 3300 types, but those are more likely to see (yet another) revival series of liveries (Aoden, Akaden and Fire Orange).

Keisei is also the kind of firm that rather skimps on the look of trains. The local service dedicated trains are usually in a relatively bad state of paint jobs (six-car 3000 and all 3500 types). Faded red and visible different coats of paint add to the charm ^^

However, never say never! ;)

If the new livery is red, shouldn't it be three times as fast when in service.

Unfortunately, not as red as the Nankai Rapit....

bikkuri bahn

The trainset has been further modified to make it even more like a Keikyu train.  I must say I prefer the former red version, preserving the silver Seibu doors, and no white.

• Like 1

Aha! That must have been what I saw in Ikebukuro when passing by on the Yamanote Line. I thought I was seeing things, but that would explain it nicely.