Honeymoon In Japan

The Next Station Is...

The Next Station Is...

My wife and I took our slightly belated honeymoon to Japan in March/April of this year, marking 5 years since we met (on a tour to Japan), 18 months since becoming engaged (proposing to my partner on the upper observatory of the Tokyo Sky Tree), nearly a year of marriage and not forgetting to mention my 7th trip to Japan (and my wife's 6th trip)!

We took three weeks out for the honeymoon and did lots of travelling, taking the Hayabusa from Tokyo to Shin-Aomori immediately after arriving in Japan (via the Narita Express naturally) and then working our way over the next couple of days to Sapporo.

After a few days in Sapporo we travelled back down to Utsunomiya (in a single day!) and after a couple of days onwards to Osaka, which we used as a base for exploring the region including Kyoto, Nara and Nagoya.

Finally we spent a week in Tokyo with a day excursion to Hakone (via the Hakone Tozan Railway).

It was an amazing trip and there was a lot of travelling on various trains, so I really enjoyed that aspect of it.

I'm currently blogging some of the train-related highlights on my Tumblr blog (http://tsugi-no-eki-wa-desu.tumblr.com) but as some of you won't be on Tumblr, feel free to ask me any questions here!

Edited by The Next Station Is...
  • Like 3

Very nice! Looks like you had a great time and fitting place for it since you met there! Congratulations!

Nice blog

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
bikkuri bahn

A spouse who goes along on a trip to Japan with plenty of train travel- hold onto her, man (as I know you will)!

Congrats! Both on your anniversary and on getting a wonderful wife that likes train travel as much as her man does!  :)