DCC converting Modemo trams?

Ken Ford

I have several Modemo Kyoto trams on the water and want to do some prework on converting them to DCC.

I assume they aren't plug and play?  I have no issue with wiring in decoders, but cutting the existing lighting over to DCC might be a challenge.

Nick_Burman

I have several Modemo Kyoto trams on the water and want to do some prework on converting them to DCC.

I assume they aren't plug and play?  I have no issue with wiring in decoders, but cutting the existing lighting over to DCC might be a challenge.

No, the Modemo cars aren't PnP. However converting them to DCC is very simple - the wiring is all exposed and there is lots of space inside.

Cheers NB

• Like 1

I have a Digitrax DZ146 on order to try an install into one of my Mobi621s - I wanted four lighting functions so I can control the headlights and red markers independently without auto reversing. Several of the videos I've seen show the motorman extinguishing the headlight when he enters private ROW and stations.

I also have two trailers - I'm thinking the Digitrax TF4 will work for those.

The Digitrax DZ146 arrived - it will fit under the driveshaft, but it might require moving the weight slightly.  I'm considering making a heavier weight out of lead anyways, so I'm not too worried - I can change the shape and size slightly if needed.