What would a C-57 steamer pull?

emkay_777

emkay_777

Hello All,

Today, on a whim, I ordered at Kato 2013-1 C57-180 Montetsu 4-6-2 steam locomotive (to go with my Nozomi 500, Snowbird express, Dr Yellow, 787 Kyushu et al - lol)  I am wondering if there are any of these left still running in Japan?  What did they pull in terms of passenger equipment?  Does Kato offer any of these?  Thanks,

Evan K

Windsor, ON, Canada

Yes KATO still offers the 12 series carriages of the Banetsu Monogatari as well older series carriages such as the Series 10 brown carriages.

Attached is the C57-180 Ban ètsu Mongatari with Series 12 carriages post-559-0-79160000-1399211605_thumb.jpg

bikkuri bahn

modern (Ban-etsu Monogatari train):

In 1975, Muroran Main Line:

*the C57 was used on express and local services on main and secondary lines.  The limited express services were usually in the hands of the Hudson (4-6-4) types.

• Like 2

Just seen on Hobby Search that C57-180 Ban ètsu Monogatari set (KATO 10-828 and 10-829) are sold out and so are the old set (KATO 10-270) it is a question whould KATO be thinking of releasing a new set with the observation car in it?

emkay_777

Thanks so much for the info.  Is this a tourist train?  How many actually run? 

westfalen

Don't forget C57 1 on the SL Yamaguchi.

I've seen photos and film of C57s in the late steam era pulling freight trains as well as passenger.

• Like 1