Question: Kato Viaduct Track

ChrisV

Hi again

Another pesky question ::)

Just need some assistance with some Kato Viaduct Track.

I have a dedicated twin "Shinkansen style" viaduct track that I have just set up but I have a few issues with powering it. The track sections I have create a loop but there seems to be no space where I can join a power supply to ( trying not having to solder wires! )

I have seen Plaza Japan sells double track power cords but without seeing one in the flesh i'm not sure how this works - or better still where to place it?

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Also - does anyone also know where I can get an ' Australian type ' transformer for my Kato Controller ? I bought mine in Japan then realised it won't work when I get back home.....

This is the track I'm refering to >>>>

post-130-13569922675896_thumb.jpg

As for your controller, don't you just need an "adapter" or "converter"? I'm never sure with these things.

The controller works but the transformer was geared for Japan powerage and it was ' lost' whilst I learned the hard way!! >:(

That won't happen again! :D

Sushi Train

I recently bought a couple of kato controllers with an aussie power pack for 95 each

Not sure what u mean, the track comes with the cables to plug in underneath, most sections have a place to plug in.

This might help below

post-147-13569922678558_thumb.jpg

post-147-13569922678945_thumb.jpg

post-147-13569922679475_thumb.jpg

Sushi Train - you nailed it!! Thats what I wanted to know - now I understand how it works and can take it from there - thank you

"Lost"? Did you fry it?

I found this, http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/elect.htm, maybe it will help you to resolve one of your problems. In any case you can use any normal controller for your layout.

Thats a good tip - I'll check it out - yes I fried it :-[

Sushi Train

You are welcome, last night as soon as I read your post I went and took those photo's for you.  :)

Glad they helped.

Good news

Went to the local hobby shop here in Sydney - picked up some kato double track wires, a new controller and some time and patience and presto - running trains!!!

Thanks for your help! ;)

chris,

hey make sure to push the clips in firmly and make sure bot side latches are snapped in. these sometimes dont go in firmly and the will slowly work themselves loose! works well when you clip them in not in place. we forget all the time with the jrm layout and snap them from the underside of the viaducts already in place at times and they have popped loose before!

enjoy!

jeff

chris,

hey make sure to push the clips in firmly and make sure bot side latches are snapped in. these sometimes dont go in firmly and the will slowly work themselves loose! works well when you clip them in not in place. we forget all the time with the jrm layout and snap them from the underside of the viaducts already in place at times and they have popped loose before!

enjoy!

jeff

thanks Jeff - so far the connection is great. I am not used to such an easy installation such as these so I can at least check it regulary.

thanks Jeff - so far the connection is great. I am not used to such an easy installation such as these so I can at least check it regulary.

chris,

once both ears are firmly clipped in youre fine. the problem only comes up when you shove it in and the clips dont fully engage they can wiggle loose. once clipped its a really good solid connection that wont come loose until you squeeze the ears in.

cheers

jeff