Keihan TV commercials

bikkuri bahn

The local version's soundtrack kind of drives me nuts, but the express CM isn't bad.  Agreed that they're not super creative, but some of the other Keihan CMs are pretty interesting.  Nothing beats JRC's Fukatsu Eri Christmas CM :grin

• Like 1
The local version's soundtrack kind of drives me nuts, but the express CM isn't bad.  Agreed that they're not super creative, but some of the other Keihan CMs are pretty interesting.  Nothing beats JRC's Fukatsu Eri Christmas CM :grin

Despite almost every other company forced to work together with JR Central laying down the hate hammer pretty hard, JR Central  makes the best CMs... They kind of need it... :P

Weak. I've seen better. :sleepy4:

Cheers NB

Agreed~ But the better ones would definately cost more to film now, doesn't it? This girl is alright for the Keihan budget perhaps? She looks cute and fresh~~

Mudkip Orange
:dontknow:  Why I never see her on my train?   :dontknow:

Seriously. Just watch it on mute if you don't like the music. I would, and so would you.

Interesting though, 10 years ago the OKEIHAN mascot girl was late 20's-early 30's... now we're barely legal.

Somewhat clever in the second video, when they're showing her enjoying the scenery, you see a shot of Hirakata Park... which is conveniently also owned by Keihan.

Interesting though, 10 years ago the OKEIHAN mascot girl was late 20's-early 30's... now we're barely legal.

She's 22.  ;) 

• Like 1
Is "okeihan" a play on Kyoto dialect?  Is o-keisan something?

I think it's a Kansai/Kinki dialect play on Keiko-san (けい子さん). Surprisingly the same name as my mother-in-law (though she's from Ibaraki). O_O

A very very late reply, in case it still wasn't completely clear. The word "okeihan" is composed of these parts:

o = a honorific prefix for nouns (I think only in Kansai dialect this is added before personal names to add more politeness, but I'm not entirely sure about that)

kei = a persons name

han = Kansai dialect for the Japanese "-san" suffix used after personal names

Keihan uses it as a nickname for their customers. For example in the slogan 「京阪のる人、おけいはん。」 (Keihan noru hito, Okeihan.), which means something like "Okeihan, people who ride Keihan."

I was told about this by someone from Osaka, so I think you can take this as the correct answer.

Edited by Densha