Landscaping your layout? It's childs play!

Inadequate...I want to adopt him! Anybody that like to do ballasting can do mine.

I like his method of doing scenery and limiting the mess on yourself, wear as little cloths as possible. :D

What is really nice is seeing children interested in model building. Around where I live, you hardly see any kids in hobby stores anymore.

I'm going to block that last post from my memory ;) and say that that kid's work is pretty amazing. But I'd be nervous handing a kid a knife like that.

My kid had his first go at the layout the other night, since we had to use some spackling to smooth over some area where I wanted the foam to look like concrete. Painting the foam directly didn't work. But if you want a mess, hand a six-year-old a big scraper and a lump of spackling.  :)

Sushi Train

I'm going to block that last post from my memory ;) and say that that kid's work is pretty amazing. But I'd be nervous handing a kid a knife like that.

My kid had his first go at the layout the other night, since we had to use some spackling to smooth over some area where I wanted the foam to look like concrete. Painting the foam directly didn't work. But if you want a mess, hand a six-year-old a big scraper and a lump of spackling.  :)

Here's something to help you block it out

HomerSimpson.jpg

LOL!! I think that guy designed my layout.

Some of these posts and getting funnier and funnier, I really look forward to them. :D

He's the same color as your avatar.

Homer "Dr. Yellow" Simpson.

(So far, I've avoided the temptation to change my username on this forum to "fishbulb.")

Sushi Train

He's the same color as your avatar.

Homer "Dr. Yellow" Simpson.

(So far, I've avoided the temptation to change my username on this forum to "fishbulb.")

How about Mr Sparkle? No?

mrsparkleorig.jpg

SubwayHypes

kids got skills haha, i got into landscaping and model building as a kid, in 4th grade out assignment was to build one of the california missions, my auntie did most of the work but she taught me some cool tricks that i use now on my layout.  The basic process of glue, sand, glue, lichen, paint, glue, paint, sand, add more lichen, its what makes us modelers!

You were lucky to have an aunt that knew modeling and helped you at an early age. Growing up my father's favorite product to mend things was "Duct tape". I'm very happy he didn't built our house. :D

Sushi Train

You were lucky to have an aunt that knew modeling and helped you at an early age. Growing up my father's favorite product to mend things was "Duct tape". I'm very happy he didn't built our house. :D

It has a million uses  ;D

duct_tape.jpg

DuctTape.jpg

duct-tape.jpg

duct-tape-roof-rack.jpg

SubwayHypes

haha i love duct tape, it does have many uses. 

my dad got me into model aircraft really young, my first snapkit a-10 warhawk turned into a huge hobby, that in turn got me into model everything.  my dads friend had a basement literally loaded with hundreds of aircraft and military models.