Yanagase Forestry Railway

Nick_Burman

After the Kato power truck topic derailed into a discussion on forestry railways, this is for Martijn Meerts...

They had a Shay and at least one 0-4-2T Porter loco...

Cheers NB

• Like 4
Martijn Meerts

That just looks incredible... My next World Kougei kit is SO going to be an H0 narrow gauge forest railway loco ;)

Too bad they couldn't save this line--you'd end up with a long waiting list of people in Japan just to ride these little trains through the forest..

That just looks incredible... My next World Kougei kit is SO going to be an H0 narrow gauge forest railway loco ;)

Don't forget Minitrains HOe stuff - they have a few cars which are derived (without being exact copies of) from Kiso Forestry Railway practice. I've just bought a bunch and they look very nice indeed.

Martijn Meerts

Nick, there's quite a few various forest railway items on Hobby Search actually. I guess they're really the kind of things you only notice when you're looking for them :)

Those have got to be the two cutest little locomotives I have ever seen.  The spark arrestor is almos bigger than it's locomotive on the Baldwin.

• Like 1

They'e cute alright. I'm biased, but my preference is for the Baldwin. I love the extended exhaust pipe on the turbo-generator with it's conical cap!

Cheers,

Mark.

Martijn Meerts

World Kougei does quite a few of the narrow gauge forest railways loco's, but like many of their models, they sell out really fast. The kit versions are reasonably affordable, but require some skill to build (they're brass for the most part)

The good thing is, they do re-release pretty much all their kits sooner or later, so it's worth keeping an eye on them :)

Martijn Meerts

Re-release of kit versions of the porter and baldwin .. Why was I expecting this ;)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10175979

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10197508

The only thing that worries me is that there's no date at all, I don't want them to become available in march/april, since a lot of things I have on pre-order have been delayed to around that time.

martijn,

the sirens are calling you onto the rocks of another cool interest!

comes to mind that would make a good capital one commercial instead of the visigoths you could have the credit card sirens trying to tempt you in!

jeff

After the Kato power truck topic derailed into a discussion on forestry railways, this is for Martijn Meerts...

They had a Shay and at least one 0-4-2T Porter loco...

Cheers NB

Thank You Nick

Great post - enjoyed very much - wish could visit there