ebay lucky day

scott

This isn't Japanese, I realize, but--I just snagged six unused Fleischmann DB passenger cars for $15 each!

Fleischmann TOUROPA 2nd class sleeper. Deluxe compartments. New, never used. Era 4. DB F8115.

Fleischmann Express coach 1st class in 70/80 pop colors grey/red. New, never used. Era 4. DB F8118.

Fleischmann Express coach 1st class in 70/80 pop colors grey/red. New, never used. Era 4. DB F8118.

Fleischmann Express coach 2nd class in 70/80 pop colors grey/violet. New, never used. Era 4. DB F8117.

Fleischmann Express Luggage car. New, never used. Era 4. DB F8190.

Fleischmann IC coach, open compartment 1st class in Red and Cream color. New, never used. Era 4

That's an entire train in one swell foop!

Now...what do I do about the fact that I don't have an appropriate locomotive.....?

Claude_Dreyfus

Okay pilotfish you're hooked!(hey I think I made a pun)

I swore I would only stick to Japanese prototypes and then you see a Roco ESG German diesel train and the next thing you know it's on your roster. Is this your first Fleishmann train? I have a one and it's an excellent engine.

I never thought I could afford Fleischmann equipment, but for $15 each I couldn't pass them up.

I guess I shouldn't have said "a whole train"--they're just coaches, sleepers, and a baggage car. Still "need" a cafe car, I guess. And an engine, but that's going to have to wait. Starting tomorrow, I have to work (and spend) on the layout, not the trains.

That's the fun part. You said you have your friend coming over to help who is a carpenter? That's a good friend.

With both of you working on it, you might have your bench work up by this weekend. Look forward to photos in your thread!

Yeah--right now, we're crossing our fingers (even the kid, who's asleep). Our friend wasn't feeling well today, so I don't know if he'll be up for it tomorrow or not.

Funny you mentioned photos--I just now went down, clear a few things out of the way, and took some "before" pictures. :)

Tomorrow will also probably be Track-Ordering Day, so the folks at MB Klein ought to be happy soon....

They certainly seem to have good prices on Unitrack, and they're close enough that I can get shipments in two days, if not less.

Martijn Meerts

BR103 is one of the best loco's to go in front of that train.. They don't use it anymore, but it used to be the standard for IC and express train.. On top of that, the thing is a beauty =)

I order a lot from MB Klein. They have fast service and shipping. Prices aren't bad either.

They're local, like twenty minuets away, and yet I've never been in there.