green max toei 5000 old and new

keitaro

well i got my old paint model in i have to wait till later for the new paint scheme one.

I already paid hs for the newpaint but thats another story.

I like this model and it's really well done. I'm sure The_Ghan would be intersted in this if he saw it up close.... I'm sure Mrs Ghan wouldn't  :grin

the detail is excelent and the interior is similar to that in the ginza line 1 Kato model, except the seats in all cars excluding the motor car pop up more and stop a hairs width below the window as per the prototype does.

So it looks a bit better.

As per usual it is a bit loud however the video i show is only 2 loops around the track it is noticably quieter now 20 minutes on.

It is also a bit quieter than my kintetsu 1720 GM model.

I can tell that GM are actually making improvements to the motor cars in the completed models anyway, as this does not stick up as much as the older ones did.

Pro's-

- Looks great

- Awesome livery

- Motor does seem better than older Gm models i have.

- Tomix TN coupler compatable even though GM's website say it is not.

Con's-

- For interior lighting you need to purchase collector plates as well for the wheels. the 4 car basic set has the metal strips already. I beleive the addons need both the strips and the wheel collector plates.

- Still noisy (though it does sport 2 motors as per pics below) though for a great looking model like this i can put up with noise.

- Bogies on the motor car fall off easy so be careful

Other mentions-

- Comes with details to put on like antenna etc. (I have not done in pics below)

- Motor car comes with 2 motors and i beleive with a little work you could do double flywheel motors using tomix 0626 the motor is the exact same size. Just needs a bit of filing to get space for the flywheel and custom shaft (see pic below)

I have aerocar lube coming next week in mail hopefully will try a bit on the worm gear bit on the shaft as the motors are quiet it's the worm gear that makes the noise.

post-484-13569930223397_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930223909_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930224372_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930224867_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930225341_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930225806_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569930226473_thumb.jpg

post-484-1356993022703_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes,

I like ... but I'm surprised at the two motors ... and no flywheel.  I really don't think that's the best choice for this type of model.

If the noise is the worm gear I'd suggest a small amount of grease or oil.

Great video and photos.

Cheers

The_Ghan

PS: Nope, Mrs_Ghan wouldn't be impressed ... but she would offer you coffee and a couple of macerons !!!    :grin  :grin  :grin

yeah it is weird with the two motors. would have been just as easy with a central motor and flywheels. odd.

i can see two motors when you do tiny direct drive ones to the trucks, but these are standard sized and worm geared into the truck gears.

jeff