Kato Train Station

mmlo

Dear all,

I am new to N scale. Please advise if I have enough parts for the station (not planning for extension).

Kato 23-122

23-120

K-15 (2 sets)

Do I need anything else?

Thanks.

Yes, that's all you need for a double-track island platform long enough for about three cars.  I just measured mine.

The station needs to have at least one platform section under it.  The 23-120 provides that plus a second, so you're good there.

With the V-15 (which is what I presume you mean; I don't know of a K-15) you get both ends and some straight single track (248x4 + 124x4).  So you don't need a second V-15 set (if you were buying the 20-051/20-052 ends separately you'd need one of each plus straight track).

With the 20-120 used with the V-15 ends, what you get is 620mm long between the ends (the platform is slightly longer, but fits into the ends of the V-15 segments), so you need 2x 248mm and a 124mm straight on each side.  You've got that, in fact you end up with two 124mm straights from the V-15 set unused.

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

I'm a little confused.. if you're only doing a single island platform (regardless of length) you only need one V15 set.  If you want to make it longer, you can purchase the V15 Add-On (for only $10) which is 4 single track concrete tie pieces.  One add-on = 2 more sections of platform.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10136444

I am doing double platform.

That's confusing. Do you mean a double-sided "island" platform handling two tracks, or two double-sided platforms handling a total of four tracks, or something else entirely?

Rich K.

Krackel Hopper

In order to do 4 tracks & 2 island platforms you'll need Kato 23-123 Overhead Station Extension.  The basic 23-122 only has stairs for a single island platform.

So if you want what is in the photo, you'll need two V15 sets (plus V15 extension sets for added length) the basic station (23-122) the station extension (23-123) and at least two island platform sets (23-120)

Krackel Hopper

48in is certainly wide enough for the 4 track + 2 island platforms.. counting the stairs on the outsides of the station, all of this should only be about 12in wide.. if that..

The 96in just depends on how long you want to make your platforms (or how long of trains you want to fit the platform)..