augmented vision

keitaro

Guest LanHarjochee

I know little of the SPAB, but the National trust was set up to administer estates and building of architectural and historic interest and importance which were given to the Nation in payment for unaffordable death duties. But the conservation movement goes back further than that when parks and country estates were given to the public so that the general public could escape the industrialisation of the towns and cities. This type of access to the countryside and park lands was often given to the people in the lifetime of the donor

Then the National Parks were formed in the 1940's again to give people access to wild country areas. These parks were formed by negotiated access with the farmers, who were normally the land owners, and to police the behaviour of the people using these parks a network of Nation Park Wardens was created, some of whom worked full time and were paid for there services and the part-time wardens were usually were unpaid volunteers. :sad:

Can someone explain the link between keitaro's original post and Lan's reply in plain English to me please?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Mudkip Orange

I know little of the SPAB, but the National trust was set up to administer estates and building of architectural and historic interest and importance which were given to the Nation in payment for unaffordable death duties. But the conservation movement goes back further than that when parks and country estates were given to the public so that the general public could escape the industrialisation of the towns and cities. This type of access to the countryside and park lands was often given to the people in the lifetime of the donor

Then the National Parks were formed in the 1940's again to give people access to wild country areas. These parks were formed by negotiated access with the farmers, who were normally the land owners, and to police the behaviour of the people using these parks a network of Nation Park Wardens was created, some of whom worked full time and were paid for there services and the part-time wardens were usually were unpaid volunteers. :sad:

wat

Guest Closed Account 1

LED contact lenses can help you See better than the X-ray vision glasses I got out of a boys life mag back in the 70's?

Guest ___

This should not be really surprising. It's only a matter of time before the new eyePhone comes out (excuse the Futurama joke there)

Google is deep into the display specs. But yet again do we really need all this stuff intruding into our reality with every single glance. I love technology and it's great uses, but it more times than not is the cart leading the horse. The one thing in the whole equation that is not changing is the basic humanness of us. This has not changed in 10000 years and won't in the next 10000.

Jeff

• Like 1

Boy, this is every media marketer's dream -- willing consumers (which is not the same as people, imho) who have the media viewer closer to their eyes than the rest of the world.

How long until we start having flamewars about whether or not it's OK to watch music videos on your contact lenses while driving? :-/

All I can say is where is max headroom when you need him! I mean think of the blipverts!

Bummed that show did not take off and always wondered if the ad agencies and tv marketers got it yanked as it was a bit too close to home...

Jeff

Funny with forums how some posts get buried, then burped up like this and commented on. Especially in this case where I think it may have been a spammer to burp it!

Jeff

LanHarjochee is definitely a spammer... interesting that there are no links though?

Maybe just a thought-provoker?

I'm impressed that Hectorton also liked it... I'd image they aren't bots if they know how to 'like'.

Some I think do iniquitous posts to get some cred on the forum then potentially spam later.

Jeff