Fast Track To Nowhere - Ntrak Module with mixed Track

Guest Closed Account 1

Guest Closed Account 1

The girlfriend came to the clubhouse today to see the progress of my layout. The wiring was in the spaghetti stage.

She said something that the automation of the trolleys and the multiple stops are too complicated.

I said, no, women are complicated.

I got the touché smile and she giggled.

Guest Closed Account 1

I'm back. Wish I wasn't so busy doing other things for other people.

I finally got serious about my layouts and hunted down the solution to my dilemma.  Converting the Kato Unitram plates to left hand drive.

Oracal 631 Exhibition vinyl has a matte finish. Matte for indoor use. The idea came about after seeing some pricey cars in vinyl wrapped matte black. 

The grey #071 is just a hair darker than the Unitram road color.  That was the goal. I did not want black or very dark grey laying in the road attracting attention unless there was a construction crew there. I got small pieces off the internet since no one in town carried it in stock. (expressions vinyl site). 

Granted each batch of plates yields a different shade of grey. The Unitram turnouts are the lightest yet.

Next step is cutting out obscure shapes to cover the arrows and some road paint.

Attached pics are of color and then grayscale to show how close the vinyl is.

I'll retake the pics on a sunny day.

post-398-0-01148400-1377148296_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-08504800-1377148321_thumb.jpg

Edited by Webskipper

skipper,

how about getting white vinyl and then just inkjet print to your gray as needed and then you can do the white markings by just not printing there.

jeff

Guest Closed Account 1

Thanks.

I'm just trying to blot out certain arrows to make the one-way street look believable.

On my next order I will be getting a sheet of multiple width yellow pin stripes and white, too.. White reflective looks overbearing. You dont normally see reflective road paint from 60 feet in the air.