Sign in to follow this  
The_Ghan

48th Sydney Model Railway Exhibition

The_Ghan

Hi All

The 48th Sydney Model Railway Exhibition is on this weekend, Saturday October 2nd to Monday October 4th at the E G Whitlam Leisure Centre, 90 Memorial Ave, Liverpool, NSW.  This will be a great opportunity to see Doug Coster's Japanese Layout: http://japanese-trains.com/2sides/ ...  :glasses2:

I'm unsure of the entry fee.

Cheers

The_Ghan

marknewton

I have to work on Saturday, but I'm planning on being there Sunday and Monday if anyone else from this part of the world is going...

Cheers,

Mark.

The_Ghan

I just spent the morning at the show.  Absolutely awesome.  Apart from Endoshima by Doug Coster the Coffs Harbour layout is there.  This layout measures a whopping 12m x 6m.  Several other great Australian themed layouts were there too.  Well worth the visit and entry gets you a free copy of the Australian Model Railway Magazine worth $5.

Cheers

The_Ghan

cteno4

Ghan,

photos?! please!

cheers

jeff

marknewton

Jeff, I didn't manage to get any photos at the 2010 exhibition, as I was in charge - nominally! - of a couple of four year-olds, but I have some from the two previous exhibitions. I've posted them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94424961@N00/

All the best,

Mark.

cteno4

Mark,

thanks great shots of enoshima layout! thanks

jeff

marknewton

My pleasure, Jeff. I have some more which I will put up later today if I can get away from work early enough.

Cheers,

Mark.

Bernard

Mark - me too... thanks for posting the photos....Doug really sets up a nice busy city scene, and nice water effects.

Mudkip Orange

Doug really sets up a nice busy city scene

I've always been inspired by that guy's layouts. So much detail, and IMO, one of the few people who gets Japanese urban form "right." (hint: there are almost no proper grids, anywhere!)

keitaro

I just spent the morning at the show.  Absolutely awesome.  Apart from Endoshima by Doug Coster the Coffs Harbour layout is there.  This layout measures a whopping 12m x 6m.  Several other great Australian themed layouts were there too.  Well worth the visit and entry gets you a free copy of the Australian Model Railway Magazine worth $5.

Cheers

The_Ghan

this coffs harbour layout do this involve cable cars etc on the layour if so i think i might know a relative of the person who built it

ignor that missed the link looked at the pics and it is inded a different layout.