Crushed, shattered and addicted

Samurai_Chris

Ha ha, no problems mate.. But the actual Nozomi doesn't exist anymore.

Well, the Nozomi still exists, it's just not run with a 500 series train  :grin

Well, the Nozomi still exists, it's just not run with a 500 series train  :grin

Try to travel on the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen using a railpass and you'll find how many Nozomi runs there are. :sad:

Hey Chris,

Like your photos of the Aussie stubby holder ... if you look REALLY  C L O S E L Y  you can see a train set! :glasses9:

Who'd'a' thought?!?  :dontknow:

Cheers

The_Ghan

Well, the Nozomi still exists, it's just not run with a 500 series train  :grin

Yes, I forgot about the N700 series..

Actually I want to forget that series because I have a thing about fast trains looking like ducks... :laugh:

But yes, the 500 Series is no longer the Nozomi (and as my daughter is concerned is the "Chie") She has even started calling her train Chie-chan.. Go figure?

My 3y.o is blowing up because I have a new train. Sakura (my daughter) has a new train. But he doesn't.. I have spent enough this month that I was waiting for the 318 to arrive from order and make it one of his birthday presents. But all day I have been hearing.. Papa Sky no densha wa? (Daddy, where is Sky's (my) train?)

So now after discussions led by him. He and I are now co-owners of the Series 800 Tsubame! :cheesy

Hey Chris,

Like your photos of the Aussie stubby holder ... if you look REALLY   C L O S E L Y  you can see a train set! :glasses9:

Who'd'a' thought?!?   :dontknow:

Cheers

The_Ghan

Trains.... What trains?

Oh yeah, those ones  :laugh:

Actually. I got the extra curved pieces, and now that little set is complete for now. I had to move it to the floor as the table wasn't wide enough....

Martijn Meerts

This conversation seems to now span several threads…mods, could we look into consolidating them?

Anyway, I was just looking at this page:

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/n/92279.htm

and noticed that the complete 6-car set is numbered differently than the two three-car sets. And I'm sure the Kato set has a different numbering still. So, if you do go for one of the complete sets, don't toss the three-car set! Hold out for the expansion to re-enter manufacturing (see below), since it won't technically be duplicated by the second purchase!

I also see that none of the sets have been discontinued, although none are slated for manufacturing in the next three months :( So if you can find the complete 6-car set, and you really want it, grab it, or be prepared to wait it out anyway.

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/cgi-bin/srch_zaiko.cgi?category=shaset&srchmode=all

The Tomix 6 car set was supposed to be a special, single-run version, which is why it has a different road number (I believe U005). The Tomix 3 car sets and the Kato 6 car sets both have the same number (I believe U003). I have both the Kato and Tomix (the 6 car set version), exactly because of the different road numbers =)

Not sure the Tomix 6 car set will ever be reproduced, pretty certain it's no longer in the catalog at least.

Actually, I have my eye on Yahoo Japan Auctions, and am looking to get the Tomix 92935 set tonight....

I want to stick with Tomix, as all of my track, starter packs, and extras are Tomix....

Chris,

I run Kato and Tomix trains on Tomix and Peco track.  No problems ... except:

1. The Kato trains I have don't respond to the TCS dial on the Tomix controllers (which is probably a good thing);

2. I've heard the Tomix controllers can kill decoders.  So be careful if you go digital.

Don't be afraid to look at other brands.  Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

When it comes to track I believe that you've made the right decision to go with Tomix  I think their ballast is more realistic, it has a slightly lower profile, and they offer a wider variety of radii.  My base board segments are 1400x560mm, which works perfectly with the Tomix 280mm segment.  I generally use Peco where I want to see concrete sleepers, such as my subway that I'm building now, or long straight sections of track, particularly hidden stuff.

So go spend some more money ...

Cheers

The_Ghan

Well, the Nozomi still exists, it's just not run with a 500 series train  :grin

Yes, I forgot about the N700 series..

Actually I want to forget that series because I have a thing about fast trains looking like ducks... :laugh:

It's also run with the regular 700 series... though that looks even *more* like a duck.  I actually don't think the N700 looks that much like a duck, but the 700 definitely does.  I've grown to like it, though.  It's very distinctive, whereas most high speed trains are pretty cookie-cutter.  (And the latest shinkansen models are getting that way too.)