Krackel Hopper's Birthday Bonanza!

Krackel Hopper

Krackel Hopper

hey hey,

So last week was my birthday.. another year older..

A wonderful thing about birthdays is having someone wonderful to share them with.  RapitBunny certainly went overboard this year!  I had a few ideas in mind for what she might get me.  I have a "wishlist" saved to our desktop (hint.hint) and there were a few things on there she had talked about that she liked as well.  After asking some leading questions and a little bit of snooping, I narrowed my wishlist down to a few things.  I figured one of these had to be it!

Wow.. I was wrong!

RapitBunny surprised me with not one, not two, but EIGHT trainsets!!!

In hindsight it makes sense - this summer she got infected with the Btrain Shorty Bug..

I was pretty well speechless.. she somehow tracked down some quite hard to find Btrains!

Here's the rundown..

Shizutetsu Railway:

1000 Series

1000 Series Joyca

1000 Series LuLuCa

Wakayama Electric Railway:

Tama

Ichigo

Omoden

Nankai Electric Railway:

Rapit Express

Last but certainly not least!

DD53 Rotary snowplow!

P8200001.jpg

P8200006.jpg

P8200007.jpg

P8200014.jpg

P8200009.jpg

*2010 Project Party station in progress in the background

Krackel,

Happy Bday! was wondering when the gift rain was going to fall! quite some bootie! im jealous! rapitbunny is a total keeper!

she really went all out and found some real beauties! great job rapitbunny, you hit a home run!

heres to many more fun bdays together!

cheers

jeff

Happy birthday!

I also had a loooong wishlist 1 month ago with British and Japanese models. My wife choosed from the Japanese side.  :grin

Before I started to read this forum I have never heard about B-trains. Now I want at least one. :-)

Krackel Hopper

These have been some great gifts!

Putting together all these B-trains, I have found some interesting inconsistencies in production.

All the Wakayama Railway sets come as a solid color car, and all the details are in decal form.  The Shizutetsu Railway come already detailed.. except for the LuLuCa which is 90% pre-done.. for some reason one door is detailed and the other they provide a decal sheet for.  Not sure why they couldn't just do both?

The way the B-train trucks are installed are different on the Shizutetsu Railway set than the others.  While all other B-train sets I've done using the B-train trucks, it is two separate pieces you stick the wheels between and then clip together.  The Shizutetsu Railway set is similar, but instead of just clicking the two together, there is a hook that you sorta hinge the two pieces together.  Also, the assembled truck has 3 hook points (two on the end and one in the center) that you slide it into place on the undercarriage compared to just clicking them in from the bottom with all other B-trains I've done.  The way the truck is mounted makes it extremely rigid on the frame so they do not sit nice and flat like other B-train trucks do.  Either way - once I swap it out for Kato (or the new B-train) N-scale trucks it won't matter anyway :)

Six of the Eight trains are assembled so far.  Once I find some free time I can assemble the Ichigo and Omoden trains.

I've got a goofy little theme going.. basically I am getting most of the B-trains that I already have an N-scale.. and my DD53 rotary plow will soon have it's N-scale equivalent once MicroAce releases it (hopefully this week!)

if you keep a lot of the views of the trains more head on or at an angle and the side views shorter, obscured partially by scenery you loose a lot of the stubby effect too!

cheers

jeff