World Kougei EF10 kit

maxa1

Currently on my work bench.Has anyone else done some Japanese brass kits in N except Eliphaz who has started on a EF56? Hope you like it,after all it's my first attempt in N (7.1mm gauge,Finescale wheels).

Cheers

Max

post-222-13569925304061_thumb.jpg

post-222-13569925304822_thumb.jpg

Now that's some serious modeling. I can appreciate it, but it's not something I'd ever do.

Is it motorized, or for display?

Is it motorized, or for display?

Haven't fitted the motors yet, just received the decoder.There is still a lot of outstanding work.

it has two motors, and you have construct the trucks, motor mounts, and gear mechanisms.

I havent actually started working on mine yet, appart from studying the plans and identifying the parts,

still collecting tools and info, and no shortage of other projects ongoing.

Im really glad to see pictures of your progress, Maxa, it looks great so far.

If someone else want to jump into this game, there is still a nice close out bargain left at HS

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10089548

which I keep going back to look at...buy it before I do!!

max,

nice work! quick little one evening project, right. just a small step up from a tomytec train upgrade!

its beautiful!

i am sorely tempted by the little deki 107 at half price, but have wayyy to many projects in line already and it would probably sit in its box for a few years. must keep finger off the cart button...

well when i retire!

thanks for posting.

cheers

jeff

No need to wait for retirement  :cool:

Instead of doing a full kit, one could try with a metal body kit first or just start with souping up existing plastic models with etched/white metal parts.

Maxa, I notice you have painted the pilot platforms and hand rails, do you plan to paint the loco body in prototype scheme, or keep it bright brass?

Eliphaz, the body will be painted too. For wheel rims,gear box and some other parts I used metal blackening. I might try the chemical blackening method for decks and handrails too.....on the 'next'

model.

Looking forward to see your EF56.