where to buy tomix canted track

nik_n_dad

Hello.

I've been trying to find a source for the Tomix 354mm canted track.  Any pointers where I can find it in the U.S.?  We usually buy goodies from Plaza Japan, but they don't carry it, and Hobby Search has it under "reserve" (although they stock the approach track)

Thx

CaptOblivious

What's Cant track? Do you mean these? 

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/kengte.aspx?mk=&sc=28///103///592&page=7

You can e-mail them to see if back order is really 3 days.

"Cant" track is Tomix's name for their line of superelevated curve track, which currently is only available in the "wide PC" format.

The particular part he needs (354mm radius curve) isn't listed on that page, or any adjacent pages. THey have the approach track (flat-to-canted transition piece), but not the regular canted curve.

Thanks again, Captain.  I feel my bill is getting to be big!

I haven't ordered from Rainbow before; just sent it off.

As an fyi to the other good readers, Nik and I are getting close to getting the layout, well, laid-out  ;-)

We're using kato unitrack, and for most of it, are using kato's double-tracked, superelevated (or as some call it, "canted") track.  We have a line that splits off from the mainline and "goes a few places" and does a 180 degree turn.  Since it's a single track, and since Nik and I really like the way our long passenger cars, double stacks and shinkansens look on the kato superelevated track, I\we decided to throw in a little tomix canted track.....

(yeah, yeah, one of these days we'll post some photos)

CaptOblivious

I've got nothing but great things to say about Rainbow Ten customer service. Ordering is a bit…non-standard, but they've got quite a lot of my money by now :D