Removing trains from packaging

bill937ca

This always works for me.

(hammer image removed)

1) Always use the right tool for the job

2) A hammer is always the right tool

3) In a pinch, any tool may be used as a hammer

• Like 1

makes sense with modemo boxes as they are usually really tight fitting and if you start to tip the tram at all the wheels end up digging into their very dense foam and not giving much and wedgie city.

cheers

jeff

ps hammers are only to be used on television sets, not model trains.

This always works for me.

20070919-1.jpg

Can we come over and remove your trains from the box?  Mine are out of the box!!!!!!    :cheesy

Ok youve got them out of the tight fit poly liner,,,you add all the 1001 and details how do they fit now without any part breaking away?  ???

Lew

ive found the ma packaging usually wants to grab the wheel flanges in all sorts of odd ways when going in/out of their slips a lot of the time. the ones that they supply the polypropylene pieces for each car really help with this a lot. the polypropylene is so slippery it really lets things glide into a tight fit and also gives you a lot of points to pull on when removing a car, especially when you have gotten it into that odd position where it gets securely wedged and does not want to move in any direction at that point!

i wish i could find that thin, supple polypropylene sheet they use here, never seen it other than train cases. tomix also uses it sometimes.

cheers

jeff