20-071 ? (another Unitrack question)

scott

I seem to have at least three pieces that I thought were 20-091(a), but are actually labelled 20-071. I can't find this number on Kato's website, or in my RailModeller railset. Anybody know what this is called or what it's for? Was it originally connected to some other piece I've forgotten? It's about an inch long, so it's not what came with the bumpers.

CaptOblivious

I seem to have at least three pieces that I thought were 20-091(a), but are actually labelled 20-071. I can't find this number on Kato's website, or in my RailModeller railset. Anybody know what this is called or what it's for? Was it originally connected to some other piece I've forgotten? It's about an inch long, so it's not what came with the bumpers.

Since 20-091 is the part number for an assortment, 20-071 may simply be the part number for one of the pieces in the assortment.

Indeed, a little googling turns up a plan on the European Kato site that says that the 20-071 is the S29 piece and the 20-070 is the S45.5 piece from the 20-091 assortment.

http://www.kato-unitrack.com/kato/pdf/gleisplaene/GleisplanMindelheim.pdf

Thanks! That's a little strange, but good to know.  :grin

FWIW, I did search quite a  bit before posting, but didn't turn this up for some reason.

CaptOblivious

Thanks! That's a little strange, but good to know.  :grin

FWIW, I did search quite a  bit before posting, but didn't turn this up for some reason.

I did a search on the part number you listed, and started hitting random links whether they looked worthwhile or not. The PDF I found was one that really didn't look worthwhile at all… ;) That's my strategy, anyway!